18~ Candy, Cereal, and Falling

"Now, why are you going to Sweden, Perce?" She asks with her hand on her hips.

C'mon Dray, think of something. I can't tell her that Father is shipping me off because I've been discovered. But what lie can I tell her that would be believable enough that she wouldn't come looking for me?

"My mother is sick, so I need to go take care of her."

"When will you be back?"

"I'm not entirely sure. I took out an indefinite leave of absence from work. Although they did insist on keeping me on call in case the aurors get attacked or have a mass breakout again."

"Will she be okay?"

"Well, if that was for sure I wouldn't be speeding off, but I have until 3:00 this afternoon to spend with you."

"I'm so sor... Theodore Remus, Korrin Draco!" She shouts as she runs to the balcony.

I can't believe Blaise named his son after me. I know we were close, but I didn't think we were close enough for that. Or, maybe it's just because I 'died'. What would he say if he found out the truth?

"Hey, Granger, do you have any cereal?"

She walks back in with the two boys in tow looking scolded, "Yeah, what kind would you like?"

"I've acquired quite the taste for Cookie Crisp, do you have any?" I ask with puppy dog eyes.

She looks at me with a raised eyebrow, "Cookie Crisp? Aren't you a healer?"

"Yeah, so?" I smirk, "What, did you expect me to only eat Cheerios or Raisin Bran?"

She looks down and smiles.

"Oh my Merlin, you did! Well, Ms. Granger, I'll have you know I have quite the sweet tooth. You should look in my glove box. Actually, scratch that, you'd think I was a child if you did."

She looks at me as if I'm a book that she can't understand. Then, she just busts up laughing. Clutching her side, bent over laughing. This woman never ceases to amaze me.

"What is so funny?" Korrin asks, "I like Cookie Crisp."

"I know you do, Korrin, but you see, Mr. Weinberg is a healer. So it's funny that he would like things that are so bad for his health."

"It's really not that funny, Granger," I wine.

"And you mister, are supposed to be in there while I call your parents," she adds as she sobers up.

I watch as the four year old sulks back into the bedroom.

"Where's Potter's kid?"

"In my room. They can't be trusted together alone, apparently."

"What did they do that was so bad?"

"I looked out there and they were on the outside of the railing! And Korrin almost fell off!"

"They were just messing around. They're kids, kids do dumb things."

"I'm fully aware of that, but i dont know what I'd do if one of them fell. I'd never forgive myself."

I reach out and pull her into me, "I know, I wouldn't either. But nothing happened, thank Merlin, so calm down. It'll be okay."

"I'm just going to call their parents. Then we can stay in, or we can go out. I dont care, I just want to spend as much time with you as possible before you leave."

I take her face in my hands, "Anything you want, love."

I feel this magnetic pull toward her. But I need to ignore it, I can't give in.

"Are you going to kiss me yet?"

"Yes."

And with that I give in.