22~ Let Me Leave

I can't believe it's been five years. Five years since I lost Crabbe. Five years since I watched my second home burst into flames at the hands of the Death Eaters. Five years since everyone's lives changed.

I wish I could go back to the year before the war and stop myself from becoming and Death Eater. Oh, how different my life would be now.

I could be open with Hermione and she could've loved me, as Draco, not Percy. I wouldn't have had to stage my own death. I wouldn't be locked up in my parents house in Finland. So many things would be different.

I wish I could just remove all my charms and disguises and be Draco. I wish I didn't have to live in fear. I just want to go Hermione and kiss her hard, and hug her tight. Man, I'd give anything to be in her arms again.

*pop*

"Father, finally you came," I greet annoyed.

"Yes, well, I had business to attend to," he says curtly.

"Right. I just wanted to know..."

"When you could go back to your life," he interrupts. "Right, well I'm afraid I'm not sure. I will not let my plan fail because you're careless."

"Father, I'm not fifteen anymore," I state.

"I know, you were easier to manipulate back then," he rolls his eyes.

"Just let me leave! I've had enough of this house! I want to go to work. I want to see my girlfriend."

"You know, I liked it better when you didn't have a girlfriend. This would've been easier because then you could just go to the club every night and hook up with random chicks."

"I am not talking to you about this. Just let me go back to London."

"No, Draco. You're staying here."

"For how long?" I demand.

"I already told you, I don't know for sure," he snaps. "We've had this argument at least once a week since you showed up here. I don't get it. I'm doing this to save your ass. Not mine. I'm doing this so you can live a normal life, yet that isn't good enough for you."

"I know. But have you tried being in the same place for weeks with no human contact? It's impossible, I'm going insane."

"Fine, screw everything up. Ruin the life you've built for yourself. Expose yourself to the entire wizarding world. See if I care," he snaps as he aparates out.

"Fine. I will," I say to the empty room in front of me.