12 ~ Hospital Policy

Stupid. That's the only word that can be used to describe me.

I should have kissed her. She was right there, she was the closest she has been to me in five years. Yet, once again, I looked into those gorgeous brown orbs, and I was gone. I lost my train of thought, I lost track of who I was supposed to be.

She was all mine, but it was too soon. I doubt I'll get another chance handed to me so easily. I didn't want to rush her. I mean, her divorce was final only a couple weeks ago. What if she wasn't ready to take that step?

It would have been the perfect moment, after the perfect date. The stars were aligned. The city lights were lighting up her face perfectly. Her make up, dress, and hair were perfect, and I let the moment go. I turned and looked out onto the city, then took her home.

I didn't even kiss her goodnight. We were outside her flat, I didn't want to get carried away. So, I kissed her cheek, turned and left.

Nice going, Draco.

"Healer Weinberg."

"Yes?" I look up to see a petite brunette standing in my office. Astoria. "How may I help you?"

"Arror Potter is here to see you, sir."

"Send him in please, Ms. Greengrass."

A few moments later, Potter comes strutting into my office. Imagine that, Potter thinking he owns everything.

"What may I do for you this afternoon, Mr. Potter?" I ask cordially.

"I was wondering if I could have all the reports on the latest injuries."

"I'm afraid I can't do that," I reply coolly.

"And why not?" He inquires.

"Hospital policy. I cannot release any files on any patient at any time. I could lose my job."

"But..." He trails off. I can tell he's fighting himself on what to say next. "I'm the head arror. I need those files!"

He's really losing his cool now. Who knew it was so easy to rile him up. "I'm afraid, head arror or not, I cannot release anything."

"I'm Harry Potter! Savior of the wizarding world! This whole bloody world would be in ruins if it weren't for me."

"I fail to see how that applies to this situation."

"You're right. I'm terribly sorry. You're just doing your job. I'll send them to get their own damn papers, like my original plan was."

"You should've just done that. It would've saved The-Chosen-One precious time." His head snaps in my direction and gives me a quizzical look. "May I ask why you're looking at me like that, Mr. Potter?"

"You sounded like a boy I went to school with just then." He shakes his head and looks back at me. "We never really got along, that is until the war. After the war, I got resorted and we talked more. I never understood that man, but he really was quite brave." He rubs the back of his neck, turns around, and walks out.

Harry Potter thinks I was brave.