40~ Blaise's Help

"Hey you," Blaise says as he stands in the door to my office, "I heard about Hermione. How're you holding up?"

"Honestly? I dont know. I've spent so much time here, working, and making sure I don't get home until she's in bed," I answer as I run my fingers through my hair.

The dark skinned man gives me a look, "You mean you don't know?"

"Don't know what?"

He sighs, "Mione has been staying at her flat since the fight."

I shake my head and chuckle, "Y'know, normally I understand your jokes, but sorry, Mate, that's not funny."

Blaise rolls his eyes, "It's not a joke, man. She came over for dinner last night and told us everything. Ginny's pissed, says that Granger's being unreasonable. It was crazy to see Ginny not take her side."

I stand up and grab my jacket, "That can't be right. I'm sure Granger has been staying with me. She wouldn't leave like that."

"Potter sent her home."

"What? Why?" I panic, "Is she okay?"

"Without you? No, she's a mess. Can't focus on anything, keeps getting lost in thought. She even looks awful," Blaise explains.

"Why did The-Golden-Boy send her home?" I ask again.

Realization dawns on his face, "Because he was worried about her. Said she can't work properly if she can't focus. Told her not to come back until you guys work it out. I've never heard of Potter giving anyone a free pass like that, but I guess that's what happens when you're his oldest friend."

I nod along without really listening.

"You know, when you called him 'The-Golden-Boy' you sounded just like my old friend..." Blaise trails off as he looks down at his shoes. "Y'know, I miss him every single day. There's so much I wish I could tell him. You probably don't care to know, but you look an awful lot like him. Almost like a doppelgänger."

Oh shit. No no no no. He can't recognize me.

"Is that so? What happened to him?" I ask nonchalantly.

He sighs, "He was forced into being a Death Eater before our sixth year, but come seventh year, he rebelled. Changed sides in the war. When the left over Death Eaters caught wind of that, they went after him and killed him. My fiancé at the time was so heart broken she went into labor, but died during giving birth to Korrin. That's why Korrin's middle name is Draco."

It's my fault Pansy died? I put Blaise through that much hell without realizing it? I really was a selfish bastard.

"I'm terribly sorry to hear that. It must've been a hard time, losing your friend and fiancé that close together," I say while trying to hide my emotions.

"Yeah, it was, but I worked through it and found Ginny. Now I have you, a Draco look-alike to talk to," he plays.

"Gee thanks."

"So, how're we going to win Granger back? I don't suppose you're going to suddenly want kids anytime soon, are you," Blaise contemplates.

"Not exactly," I shrug.

His face lights up, "Then it's time to bring in the masters."

"And who would that be?"

"Ginny and Luna of course!"

Those were the last two people I wanted to bring into this.

*+*+*

"So, that's our plan. Simple enough, right?" Ginny states as we gather about the kitchen table at the Zambini manor.

"It may be too complicated, Ginny. I think we should do something simple. I believe Hermione would enjoy that more," Luna reasons.

"The female Potter does have a point, Gin," Blaise states.

Ginny rolls her eyes, "Fine, then what do you suggest instead?"

"A bouquet of flowers with an invite to dinner so they can talk it through," Luna suggests in her dreamy voice that takes me back to our seventh year when we'd have privet lessons where she taught me everything she learned in her DA classes.

"That sounds perfect," Blaise responds.

"Don't I get a say in this?" I ask.

They all look at me, "No."

"All you need to know is what you need to do," Ginny states with a finality.

I roll my eyes, "Whatever you say, Captain."

"Captain.. I like it, honey?"

"Yes, love?" Blaise responds.

"How about you call me captain from now on," Ginny plays.

"Whatever you say, dearie."

*+*+*

I apparate home after a long evening of planning, only to be met with someone running to me.

"Where have you been!? I've been here for hours, waiting for you so we could talk! You should've been home three hours ago!" Hermione yells.

I sputter, "But... Y-you. I-I've been planning. This isn't right!"

"Planning what?" She asks

"How I was going to make it up to you. I got Blaise, Ginny, and Luna all in on it! You're supposed to still be mad!" I exclaim.

"What...?"

"Now I'm mad at you," I state.

"What for!?" Granger exclaims.

I pout, "For ruining my make up plans. And for moving out and not telling me."

She freezes, "What do you mean?"

I roll my eyes, "I didn't even know you moved out until Blaise told me this afternoon! I can't believe you!"

"How did you not know?" She asks with a strange look on her face.

I sigh, "I wanted to give you some space, so I've been working late every night. I have been planning everything out so I get home after I know you'd be in bed."

"So you've been avoiding me?"

"Not exactly. I just figured you didn't want to see me," I reason.

"Well, I didn't," she sighs, "but that's beside the point."

"Whatever, I'm going to bed. Dealing with your friends is exhausting," I state.

She chuckles, "Well, at least you don't have to stay out of the office until Monday."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't be so in love with me," I jester as I make my ways upstairs.

"Maybe you shouldn't be so lovable," she jokes back.

"Never in a million years."