21~ Dinner News and Letters From the Dead

I haven't heard from Percy in a month and it's driving me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I don't need him, but man do I want him.

Those kisses we shared, made me want to kiss him forever. He felt safe, caring, firm, but soft at the same time. He gives me butterflies I didn't know I could feel anymore.

"Granger. Hermione. Hello?"

I jerk back to reality. I'm in my office at the ministry. "Yes, Potter, how may I help you?"

He clears his throat, "Well, Luna wanted me to invite you over for dinner tonight. If you're free, that is."

I look down at my desk, "Yeah, I'm free tonight."

"He still isn't back?" Harry asks as he walks to my desk and sits on the edge.

"Nope, and I haven't gotten a phone call, owl, or anything from him. I'm getting worried."

"I'm sure he's fine, 'Mione. He's probably just busy with his mom. Do you want to borrow Teddy this weekend to get your mind off of it?"

"You mean it? Because that'd be great. I could talk him to Paris like I promised forever ago," I respond with a smile.

"Yeah, take the brat," he chuckles back. "He's getting better at morphing. And he starts school soon, but I'm worried he won't be able to control it enough when that time comes."

"I could work with him on it, if you'd like. In the evenings after work," I offer.

"You mean it? Because that'd be great."

"Of course, it's not a problem. Give me some time with my favorite Lupin-Potter boy," I smile back.

"Great, so I'll meet you here at 5:45 and we'll apparate out together?"

"Of course," I smile.

*+*+*

"Knock, knock," Harry says as he walks in. "Ready to go?"

I look up, "Yeah, one sec, I just have this last thing to finish and send off and then we can go."

He shakes his head, "You said you'd be done by five minutes ago. I showed up late just to make sure I got here right as you were.."

"Done," I interrupt as I fold up the report I was working on and put the spell on it so it goes where it's supposed to.

He cheers up like a little kid. "Sweet, let's go home to my gorgeous wife," he says cheekily.

He takes my arm and aparates us on the spot.

When we land I'm instantly greeted by Luna, "Hello, Hermione. I'm so glad you could join us tonight," she smiles. Then turns to Harry, "Hello, Dear, how was your day?" she says as she kisses him.

"Good, but it just got better," he grins.

"Aunt Minny!" Teddy shouts as he runs towards me.

"Hey there, T.R. How're you? I'm going to be kidnapping you this weekend. How does that sound?" I ask as I pick him up.

"Really! Will Korrin be there?"

"Nope, just you and me. And guess where we're going to go."

"Paris!" He cheers.

"You're so smart," I grin.

"Dinner's ready," Luna calls as she head to the dining room.

We all file into the dining room and are greeted with a wonderful smell of chicken and potatoes.

"Oh my goodness, Luna, this smells amazing," I compliment.

"Oh, thank you, Hermione. I hope you like it. My senses have been a little off lately," she replies with a shrug.

"Why's that?" I ask.

Harry and Luna exchange a glance. Then Harry pipes up, "I'm going to be a father!"

"Oh my god! Harry, Luna, that's great!" I exclaim as I stand to hug them. "Do you know what it is yet?"

"Not yet," Harry smiles.

I glance over at Teddy to see that he's grinning from ear to ear.

"How do you feel about this T.R.?" I ask the five year old.

"I'm going to be a big brother!"

"I'm so happy for you guys," I say less convincing than I wanted.

"What's wrong, 'Mione?" Harry asks as he takes my hand.

"I miss Rosie. That's all. But I really am happy for you guys. As long as I can take him for a little once he's born," I say with a wink.

"I wouldn't want it any other way," Harry says with a grin.

They do truly look happy.

*+*+*

I get home around 10:00, so I decide to look through my mail. Still nothing from Percy.

I sigh and flop down on the couch and turn on the tv. Oh good, Gilmore Girls is on. So I watch that while I get up to get ready for bed.

*tap tap tap*

I poke my head out of my bathroom. Who would be owling me at this time of day? Maybe a ministry emergency. Or maybe it's Percy, finally.

I walk over to my window to find a beautiful eagle owl on my ledge. I vaguely recognize it from years ago, but I can't remember whose it is. I let it in and watch it perch itself on my tv. I give it a treat as I untie the envelope from the bird.

It's a thick envelope, with very neat swirly writing on it that I don't recognize. I flip it over to find the Malfoy seal on it, and my heart drops.

That's where I recognize the owl from. It used to bring Draco mail everyday. I used to watch it because I thought it was the most gorgeous owl there, besides Hedwig. But what is it doing bringing me mail?

I open the letter and pull out a large wad of paper. I unfold them and read the first note.

Dear Ms. Granger,

I am aware that it may come as a surprise getting a letter from me. But you see, I found these letters hidden in my son, Draco's, old room, and they are all addressed to you. I have not read them, so I cannot tell you what they say, I just felt that whom they are addressed to should read them.

If you choose not to read them, I understand. I also find it hard to read things written by Draco, but if you need closure, this could possibly help.

Also, do not be afraid to contact me at any time, for anything. I have heard about what happened with Weasley, and your daughter. So if you need help with coping without a child, I will be happy to help in any way possible.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Narcissa Malfoy

I flip to the next letter, it's dated October 15, 1991, and I start reading.