42~ Worry

Harry just sits in his giant leather chair and stares at me in disbelief for a few moments. "So, this is personal," he states with an edge to his voice.

"Not necessarily," I reason with a shrug.

"Not... Not necessarily!? Hermione are you listening to yourself? You're asking permission to open a case that was closed four years ago! All that's going to do is open old wounds for you, me and the Malfoys. You know I can't allow that to happen without a viable explanation as to why you would want to do this," Harry booms.

I sigh, "Why are you acting like this is some huge surprise? You know I have a reason for doing this. New facts have come to my attention that need looked into."

The raven haired man studies me for a few moments, "Do you really have evidence, or are you just trying to convince me to let you do this so you can find some?"

I shake my head, "Okay, so I don't have evidence..."

"Hermione! If you really wanted this opened then you should have lied to me. Have you not figured that out? Now I really can't let you do this," Harry explains.

I roll my eyes, "You know I can't lie to you, Harry. But I have reason to doubt the original verdict, so if I could just do this. I've never asked you for a favor before."

"Besides for your position," he reminds.

"It's just this one time, I swear."

He thinks for a second, "What will you do for me?"

"I'll watch Teddy for two whole weeks. It'll give you and Luna time to set up the nursery and go shopping for the baby," I persuade.

"Deal," he states without missing a beat. "It's a boy, by the way."

I look up to see my best friend gleaming with pride and I can't help but smile. "I'm so happy for you. Congrats, Harry. So, you're going to name him after me, right?" I ask with a wink.

He chuckles, "Of course, that wouldn't be confusing at all."

"I never said you had to name him Hermione," I shrug. "What are you and Luna thinking for a name?"

"I wanted to name him after my dad and Sirius, but Luna doesn't want to agree on a name until we meet him," he looks up at me. "I'm going to have a bigger family, Mione."

I smile down at him, "Just don't forget me when you have twenty kiddos running around."

He blushes, "Luna and I agreed that we'd stop after four."

"Well, if you ever need a babysitter, I am your girl," I offer.

"Thanks, they'll love to have their Aunt Minnie around," he says. There's a silence for a few moments before he speaks up again, "Hey, Mione?"

"Hmm?"

"What if I'm a bad parent?"

I chuckle, "Harry James Potter, you are a wonderful father to Teddy Remus, and you are going to be a wonderful father to James Sirius. I promise."

He just smiles, "I need to get home, Luna was here right before you and told me to get home. I'll see what I can do about the Draco Malfoy case, until then, just make sure you're doing this for the right reasons."

I nod, "Of course."

"And you'll come get Teddy tomorrow night?"

"Of course," I chuckle, "now go home to your beautiful wife."

"I'm going. I'm going."

*+*+*

I look up at my alarm to see that it's past 1:30 in the morning. I know I should be going to bed, but I just can't shut down my mind.

What if I find out that Draco really isn't dead? Will I stay with Percy?

I guess it would be everything I ever wanted. Draco was always the boy I wanted and could never have, what if it comes out that I've had him for months and didn't know? I just can't shake that thought.

Will I still want to be with him? Or will I feel so betrayed that I'll leave him? How will I react if Draco really is dead? Will I be able to let it go?

"Ugh..."

"Go to sleep, love. You can worry about whatever it is tomorrow," I hear from behind me.

I turn around and find Percy standing in the door with his arms crossed over his chest.

"How did you know I was still up?" I question. "You were in a different room."

"You think I have to see you to know that you're stressing?"

I stand and stride over to him, "I love you."

"I love you more."

I lean in and kiss him passionately. He returns the kiss and wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck as I pull away.

"Stay with me tonight?" I ask as I stare into his beautiful green eyes.

He studies my eyes for a second, "Anything for you, love."