46~ You're What

"Draco..." I breath out. "It's been you this whole time. I always had my suspicions, but I never really believed them. I didn't want to think the boy I had so badly wanted to save was really right in front of me. Now that I know it's really you, I don't know how to take it. I love you, Draco, but I also love, Percy. But to think that they are the same person? Impossible," I shake my head.

"Please, just let me explain.."

I shake my head, "You really have a lot of explaining. You're supposed to be dead, now finding out that you've been right in front of me this whole time? Those letters.. Oh Merlin. You sent those didn't you? While you were in Sweden. Or did you even go to Sweden?"

"Actually, I went to Finland. I had gotten a letter at work that tipped me off that someone knew my secret, so my parents insisted that I go away for a while. I needed to go. Nobody can find out who I really am. No one. They'll send me to Azkaban..." He pauses for a second, "As for how this happened, that's a long story.

"After the war, I was put on trial and you know all those details, but I knew after everything that there was no way I could ever have a normal life. I always wanted to be a healer, but I couldn't with my background. So, I devised a plan to fake my own death. My parents were the only ones who knew about it, they of course tried to talk me out of it, but I needed to do it.

"You don't know how hard it is being looked at like a criminal because you were forced into something you never wanted. Please, understand."

I study him for a moment, "I mourned over you're 'death'. I cried for day, weeks even! We kissed, and then you were gone! The boy who I had hidden my feelings for. The boy I wished I could've saved. I can't hardly believe this."

"I loved you all throughout Hogwarts. But I never thought a smart, beautiful, loyal Gryffindor like you could ever love me back. So, I gave up. I ran away from my problems. That was what I was good at. But even all those years, I don't think I truly loved you until we met again at the hospital," Draco explains.

"I just need to think about it. Just give me some time to process this," I state.

"Of course. Just let me say something first."

"Anything."

"I know I am not the first person you loved. You are not the first person I looked at with a mouth full of forevers. We both have known loss like the sharp edges of a knife. We have both lived with lips more scar tissue than skin. Our love came unannounced in the middle of the night. Our love came when we'd both given up on asking love to come. I think that has to be part of its miracle.

"This is how we heal. You will kiss me like forgiveness. I will hold you like you're hope, if you'll let me. Our arms will bandage and we will press promises between us like flowers in a book. I will write sonnets to the salt of sweat on your nose. I will write a dictionary of all the words I've used to try to describe how it feels to have finally, finally found you.

"And I will not be afraid of your scars.

"I know sometimes it's still hard to let me see you in your cracked perfection, but please know; whether it's the days you burn more brilliant that the sun, or the nights you collapse onto my lap, your body broken into a thousand questions, you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I will love you when you are a still day. I will love you when you are a hurricane," Draco finishes as he looks into my eyes, and I can see the tears swimming in his.

He is my rock. He is whom I love. He is truly who I wish to spend my life with. I love him more than anyone else I have ever loved.

I nod my head to him, "Of course I'll marry you... I love you, you idiot," I say with a chuckle as I wipe a tear off my cheek.