27~ The Dream

I'm walking down the hallway at Hogwarts, and I can hear whispers.

"Don't trust him. He's lying to you."

I look around, "Who?"

"You know who we're talking about," the voices say back.

"Percy?"

"Is that what he told you his name was?"

I keep walking until I come to the Great Hall. I walk in and everything is hazy. Like the hall has a hidden fog machines scattered throughout.

Suddenly, all the tables in the hall explode. I duck down until the shaking stops. I stand back up and look around. The dust and debris suddenly gathers into two forms.

I step toward the two forms to get a better look. Then I realize, it's Draco and Percy. Draco has his usual sneer, but his eyes are sparking in such a way that makes me want to lose myself in them.

Then I look over at Percy, and he's smiling, his perfect white teeth on full display. He has such a childish grin. His perfect green eyes studying me.

Suddenly, they both start chanting, "Pick one. You can't have us both. Pick one. Pick one."

"How can I do that?"

Percy steps forward, "I love you so much. I've loved you since I saw you. How could you not pick me?"

Then Draco scoffs, "He's a tool. You've had a thing for me since school. I've written you so many letters. And I need you to keep my memory alive. I just need you to love me back."

"But you died, Draco. How can I choose you?"

"Do you really believe I'm dead?" He laughs in an unhumorous way.

They both look me dead in the eye, "Watch this."

Suddenly they move to stand so their sides are touching. Then, I notice just how similar they look. Same build. Same face shape. Same height. Everything is the same except their eyes and hair color.

Then, Percy winks and something falls out of his eyes. I look more closely and they appeared to be contacts. I look back into Percy's eyes and they're the same color as Draco's.

It clicks. Percy is Draco...

I wake with a start to a pair of giant blue eyes staring at me.

"Ahh!" Me and the eyes start screaming.

I sit up, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry," I say as I reach out to the house elf.

"Willow is very sorry, Miss. Willow did not mean to startle Miss."

"It's perfectly alright. I just wasn't expecting to wake up to you. You can call me Hermione, by the way," I tell the small elf.

"Okay, Ms. Hermione. Master Perceus isn't here right now. He went to..."

"Sweden, I know," I interrupt.

"Yes, Miss. But Master Perceus came home yesterday and went to his friend Granger's home."

"He went to my house?" I question.

"No, Miss, Master Perceus went to Granger's home."

"Willow, my name is Hermione Granger. If he went to Granger's house, he went to my house."

"Oh, Willow is very sorry, Miss Hermione Granger," Willow says as she shakes her head in a sad way.

"It's perfectly alright, Willow. I understand. I'm just going to be going now," I comfort as I kneel down to put my hand on her shoulder.

"Master is calling Willow. Willow must go now."

"Can you take me with you?"

"Willow can try," the house elf responds with a bow.

She takes my hand and we apparate to my flat. I look around.

"Willow, he's not here," I say as I look over at the elf.

Willow looks around confused, "Master told Willow this is where Master would be. Willow will take Miss Granger with her still."

"Yes, please," I ask.

She takes my hand and I feel the similar pull behind my navel. Then suddenly I can't feel Willow's hand in mine and I'm back in Percy's library.

Something's wrong. I know it, but I can't figure out what. I start to think about my dream. Percy and Draco. I need to choose one, but how? And the voices.

"He's lying to you."

"Is that what he told you his name is?"

Was the dream a warning? If so, what was it warning me of?

Unless... No. Draco is dead. Blaise found his body. He still has Draco's wand on a shelf in their living room.

But they look so much alike. Every feature? No, my mind was off. Looking for something wrong with Percy. Looking for Draco in places where he doesn't exist.

And how did I end up in his library? Willow was apparating us, how could she not end up here with me?

I need answers.