13~ It's Potter Now

Why didn't he kiss me? Did he not have a good time? We were right there, and I thought for sure he was going no to do it. Why did I have to make that stupid comment? I scared him off. Damn it, Hermione.

I walk into my living room and the light flicks on. I grab my wand.

"Whose there?"

The chair across the room swivels around. "Just your best friend," Ginny chuckles. "Oh, put your wand away, Mione."

"What're you doing here? Don't you have Korrin to bother?"

"My husband is taking care of the little chillin. Speaking of the chillin, can you watch him for me tomorrow night? Blaise and I haven't gone out in so long. It would mean the world to me."

"Yeah, besides, Harry and Luna are having me watch Teddy tomorrow night also. So, they'll keep each other busy."

"Thank you so much!" She hugs me then gives me an evil grin. "How'd your date go with your amazing healer man?"

"Great, we had an amazing time. The restaurant was phenomenal."

"Is he a good kisser?"

I pause for a second and look at my shoes. "I wouldn't know."

"He didn't kiss you!" She exclaims. "What's wrong with this man?"

"There's nothing wrong with him," I scold.

"There has to be if he didn't kiss you. I mean, have you looked at yourself? You're gorgeous!"

"Maybe he's just a gentleman and doesn't kiss on the first date."

"Bull shit!"

"Do you kiss Blaise's son with that mouth?" I ask with a quirked eyebrow.

"Shut up. Besides, he probably heard worse in the womb. I mean, do you remember who gave birth to him?"

Pansy. Blaise had a one night stand with her at our graduation party, and she got pregnant. She was livid. She claimed her life was over. That she could never do anything anymore because her body would be ruined. But, about six months into her pregnancy she warmed up to the idea of being a mother. Soon after though, there were complications, and she died while giving birth. Just a couple days after Blaise found Draco Malfoy dead in his flat. So, Blaise named his son Korrin Draco, buried his son's mother and his best friend in the same weekend.

In May the following year he started dating Ginny. By that August they were engaged, got married in July, and have been together ever since.

"Don't look so sad, Mione. If it weren't for what happened, I wouldn't be happily married," Ginny explains as she rests her hand on my shoulder.

"I know, it's just, we've lost so many. They were all so young. Malfoy, Pansy, Fred, Colin, all of them. I mean, Colin was only sixteen! He was a baby!"

"I know. But it's in the past. That was five years ago. We've moved on, gotten married, and gotten divorced in your case. We grew up in a war, but it's over now. I know it's hard, and we don't know how to live in a peaceful time, but we have to try. It's been too long to not try."

" I know," I sigh, "what time are you bringing Korrin over tomorrow? Luna's bringing over Teddy at 3:30."

"I'll drop the chillin off at the same time."

*+*+*~

I wake up with a start and check the time. Dang it, Luna and Ginny are supposed to be here any time.

I get up to fix myself up when I hear, "Mione, can you open up your floo please, Teddy won't hold still." I flick my wrist and allow Harry to come out of my fireplace. "Thank you."

A soot covered Harry and Teddy step out of the fireplace and look around.

"Harry, you're filthy. And look at your godson," I chuckle as I look at the toddler. He has morphed himself to have hair that looks just like Harry's, and Harry's scars.

"Teddy, what is on your face?"

"Daddy's marks!" The five year old exclaims.

I hold out my arms and say, "Come here, Munchkin. Let's get you cleaned up."

"Thank you so much for watching him. I've been working late so much lately, and I never get to see my wife."

"It's not problem, I have Korrin tonight also. So, they'll keep each other busy," I turn to the five year old in my arms and say, "but first, T.R. here needs a bath."

"No baf!" Teddy exclaims. "T.R. like being dirty!"

*pop*

Blaise apparates into my living room and greets, "Hey, Chica, I'm here to drop off the chillin. Woe, what happened to your hair?"

"I fell asleep and haven't fixed myself up yet, sorry," I explain.

"No biggy, so I'll be here around 9:30ish to get him. Is that okay?" Blaise asks.

"Umm, how 'bout I keep him for the night? I'll have Teddy, and then you won't have to wake him up. I'll just let you know when they wake up and you can get him then."

"Sounds good to me. I can't remember the last time I had the house alone with my wife for a whole night. So many things I can do." He shoots me a wink.

Harry grimaces, "Dude, she's like my sister, I didn't need to know about that."

"She's like your sister, yet you dated her? Plus, you've done it with Lovegood, so it shouldn't matter."

"It's Potter now," Harry says triumphantly. "Besides, that was a long time ago that we dated. The final battle hadn't even happened yet."

"Yeah, well, Ginny and I have been married for two years, and we haven't had the house alone to ourselves since the honeymoon. Deal with it."

"Anyways, you guys should be getting back to your wives." I glare at them.

"Yeah, you're right. Luna's waiting for me."

"Give her my love."

Harry nods in my direction as he steps into the fireplace, "Potter Manor!" And he's gone.

"So, Zambini, when are you and the misses planning on having another kid," I say as I send him a wink.

"If I have it my way, she'll be giving birth in about nine months," he winks back.

I chuckle, "Well then get to it. I hope they still work, if you know what I mean."

"Who knew Hermione Granger could ever say anything like that?"

"I'm just full of surprises."

"You're full of something." And with that, he apparates away.

"C'mon , monkeys, you need baths before you get too far into playing."

I hear groans coming from the other room and I chuckle. This will be a fun night.