Chapter Fourteen

*Chapter fourteen*

I shivered at the cold goo on my tummy, somewhat smiling.

"Sorry about that honey." the nurse said, her sweet voice echoing around the little room. "Well, why don't we have a look?" she smiled. Louis clutched on to my hand as the monitor started to show movement in the pictures. When the little body appeared on the screen, I felt warm tears start to streak down my cheeks. I looked up at Louis, he smiled, pulling my hand up to his lips.

"Well, it looks like you two are having a lovely little girl. Congratulations." the nurse smiled, freezing the picture of the baby. My baby. The nurse stood, leaving me and Louis alone in the room. I looked up at him, he was beaming. The biggest smile on his face. He leaned down to me, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"We're having a girl." he smiled. I nodded. "I love you Marina. I love you so much." he whispered, pressing his forehead to mine. I closed my eyes, just taking a moment to cherish everything.

"I love you too Louis."

*Louis' P.O.V.*

The car ride home was full of laughter, mostly from Marina. Her left hand rested on her belly. It was only getting bigger too. I had to take a few moments every now and then to just think about it all. How perfect it was.

All of that perfection faded away as I pulled around the corner to the flat. They were everywhere. A mixture of Pap and fans. I slammed my hand on the steering wheel.

"Damn it." I cursed. I pulled the car over to the side of the road, parking. Marina rested her hand over mine, holding my fingers. Some of the anger melted away. But the rest stayed. How could she do that. It was like she could suck up all of the negativity and threw it away. I looked over at her.

"We'll be okay Lou. Don't worry." She cooed. I smiled. You know what, I've been hiding Marina from the pap for the past three months because of management and I hate it. It's time people knew.

"You're right, now let's go home." She half-smiled. I knew the pap scared her. The things they wrote were awful. I clutched on to her hand as I pulled forward, Paul close behind. The crowd moulded against my car, mobbing us with flashes and microphones. I heard the Escalade behind me slam shut, The mob moved a little bit as Paul moved to Marina's door, I kissed her hand as she stood, clutching her belly. I quickly climbed out of the car, moving over to Marina and Paul.

"Louis! Louis who is she?"

"Are you two dating?"

"Louis how long have you been involved with her?"

"Is she pregnant?" That last question set me off. I nudged Mari forward, inside the flat.

"It's none of your god damn business! Get the hell out of my face!" I screamed. I felt a hand form around my wrist pulling me inside. I turned, pulling her into my arms. She nuzzled her head into my neck, holding on to the back of my shoulders. I could feel her body shaking with fear and anxiety.

"Shhh baby it's okay. I'm here. Shhh we're okay." I whispered into her ear. She pulled away, half smiling at me. I took her cheeks in my hands, kissing her forehead.

"Thank you Paul." I said as I grabbed Mari's hand. He nodded, kissing Marina on the cheek.

"Anytime Louis." He smiled, pushing out the front door.

*Four hours later*

*Marina's P.O.V.*

 When the pap finally left the flat, I could breathe peacefully again. I hated them so much, even more now that Louis decided to show me off to the world. That made me wonder about this little girl. How she would grow up. My little girl. I smiled as I rubbed little circles on my belly. I could feel Louis smile beside me. He leaned down, pressing his lips to my belly, holding the sides as I laughed.

It was almost half an hor later when the boys woke me from my little nap. They burst through the front door, laughing and shouting. Louis didn'y know I was awake though, I wanted to see what he'd do. I giggled as he shouted at them.

"Aye lads, shut up. She's asleep." I faced him.

"Well now don't you feel stupid." Niall laughed. 

"So, what did the doc say?" Liam asked. I sat up next to Louis, smiling.

"Well..." I started.

"We're having a girl." Louis said. The boys all shouted in excitement, congratulating us. But I saw Zayn fade out to the back door, I stood, following him. He sat on the back staircase outside. His leg bounced as he crossed his fingers. I sat next to him slowly, staying silent.

"I'm happy for you Marina." He mumbled. I rolled my eyes. 

"That's bullshit Zayn, and you know it." I regretted the words as soon as they escaped my lips. "Zayn, I'm so-"

"No, you're right." He said. I was taken back by the harshness in his voice. "Do you know how hard this has been for me? How hard it's been to see you pretty much disappear then come back pregnant, with HIS baby? Do you know how badly I wish it was mine?" He said. "How badly I wish you loved me...?" He was standing now, facing away from me. It hurt me to see him like this, hurt. I knew I loved him. There was just nothing I could do about it anymore. "Say something." He snapped. There was pain in his voice. 

"I'm so sorry Zayn.. I'm sorry..." He turned to me, walking towards me, pulling me into his arms. He held me close, I felt the warmth of his neck in my cheeks, spreading throughout my body. He pulled away, wiping the tears from my eyes. He half-smiled.

"C'mon. Let's celebrate." he said.

This was going to be okay. It had to be.