Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: I really hope you guys are enjoying this story. I know I'm enjoying writing it. But for chapter twenty six to be posted, there must be at least two comments on the prologue, telling me where you guys are and what you all think so far. Thank you!!

~Bo

*Chapter twenty five*

*Marina's P.O.V.*

I woke up a few days ago, feeling nothing but pain in my head and confusion. I didn't know where I was or why I was here.

Then came the howl. That one howl sent flickers of light and scenes through my mind. Like an old movie.I remember fear taking over my body, but then it was gone. In a split second. It was replaced by the urge to go see who or what it was. To go help. I remember asking Rose what it was, but she'd shook it off as nothing but rowdy coyotes., lying to me. She did it again when she got up to go get something to eat.

I remember just laying there, trying to figure out what the howl meant, why this sudden urge took over my body. Why little flashes of what looked like memories, could interrupt my thoughts so easily. Just with a simple sound. I closed my eyes in the bed, letting the darkness take over my mind.

Flashes of light revealed some of the memories I'd lost. The most potent, important looking one stayed, playing out in front of my eyes. It was Louis. Him and I. We were in this living room of a strange house. It looked familiar. We were talking, he looked upset. I looked up at his face, trying to find any recollection of us. Trying to find any sign of familiarity. 

We had been talking about me when my body felt a kick inside of me. My eyes looked down at my belly, which was expanded out a few inches. Like I was pregnant...

My eyes snapped open as I gasped for air. I remember standing and walking into the cubby of a bathroom, pulling my gown to the side. I rubbed my belly with shaky hands, feeling the stretch marks over them. I felt a small smile creep onto my face. This was real. I was really a mum. 

I then sprinted back to my bed, yanking the blankets back up over me, just as Rose walked into the room, a tray of food in her hands.

Now, I was awake again, but faking sleep. I was laying on my right side, facing away from Rose, my hands cupped together under my cheek. I was still overwhelmed with all of the memories I'd seen in my mind. They flashed in my head almost every time I closed my eyes. They gave me small recollections about my life, tiny details a regular person would miss. 

I felt my lungs let out a loud scream as I heard a voice in my head. Marina. You can do this. You can remember. You have to. Rose moved quickly to my side.

"What's wrong. What happened."

"I heard... I'm not crazy. I heard... A voice. She was talking to me." Rose didn't look surprised as I spoke. The voice came back. Mari, please don't scream. Don't be afraid.It's me. It's Nuntis. I felt my heart slowing back down in my chest.

"You okay?" Rose asked. I nodded. She moved back to her chair on the side, flicking on the telle.

Who are you? I asked her. The voice.

My name is Nuntis. You and I were best friends before your accident. I'm here now, It's all going to be okay.

Why are you in my head. What are you? Why.. What's wrong with me? She sighed. What scared me most about this, was that a part of me knew her, knew what this was. 

You really don't remember this part? Honestly?

No. I don't know what you're talking about.