Chapter 26 ~ Memory: 00

I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. It was written by Yukiyoshi Ōhashi and directed by Noriyuki Abe. The original manga writer is Yoshihiro Togashi. The only thing I own in this FanFlic is Sapphire.

I'm skipping a few episodes since I really don't want to write about the... sorry :p

P.s. am I the only one who kinda liked Kiyoshi/Seaman? Like he reminds me of a cute little puppy who needs a long and warm hug T^T

And Kaname too, just because of what he did at the epilogue in the manga. T^T And I really want his jacket... like it's really cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

§Sapphire's POV§

When they all came back, I was surprised to see that they were all fine and Botan explained everything to me. I have to admit, Genkai went a bit too far, but her reasons were understandable. Someone is trying to open the gate to the demon world.

I had left the group a few moments after Hiei had and am now back in my room. So is this why I've been having a haunting feeling lately? No... there has to be more happening than what we're thinking... I pondered over my thoughts as I grabbed my bag and started out the door.

I opened up another wormhole and walked right through. I was back on the path between the Spirit, Living, and Demon Worlds."It's time for a new game, four levels." A little girl with freakishly long light brown hair and silver eyes appeared a few feet before me.

I raised up my hand in a still wave. "Yo, Diamond. It's been a long time."

My younger sister nodded with a melancholy smile. "Yes it has, Sapphire." She held up her hand to her side with her palm facing up, her fingers slightly curled as if to represent holding a flame. Small white crystals floated over the palm of her hand and the powerful sound of thunder rumbled from all directions. "Now can you escape my thunder crystals and surpass our father--the grand tree's--teachings?"

I let out a barking laugh. "Ha! Well you were faster at learning everything that old demon tree foster father of ours would try and teach us." I held out my hand in the same fashion she had, my hair and eyes shifting into their battle colours as crystals sharper than knives formed in the palm of my hand and snow swirled around my body like a barrier. "Let's do this."

§Time Skip brought to you by my lazyness XD§

I walked through another wormhole after I had finally beat Diamond's spirit and I'm now walking into a cave as I followed Hiei's spiritual pressure. When I caught up with them, I found that they were all playing some games against some kid in a yellow monster suite. I tried to walk over to them, but was stopped by an invisible force. "What the hell?"

Giggling sounded from behind me and I turned around to see a girl in a pool of water. She had pink hair and pink ears that reminded me of the tail of a cellophane betta fish. I noticed she had a pink tail instead of feet and sakura flowers tangled into her hair. "You're a mermaid..." I breathed out. My eyes shifted from the gills on her cheeks to her aqua teal eyes.

The girl nodded. "The name's Marine, I'm a sakura mermaid. Now I'll need you to sit quietly and play with me for now." Her eyes shifted to my friends behind me. "After all, boys are so boring." The water level raised and I found myself neck deep in it.

The sakura mermaid swam up to me and encircled me with her tail, her arms circling around me from behind. "So let's just stay here and watch the world end from right here together, ne, Sapphire?"

Sakura marks began to form from the nape of my neck--where her breath was tickling me--and spread down to my arms and legs. "You bitch... what did you do?" My body began to feel numb.

"Hehehe... this water is just filled with particles made from my shedded scales. It's this just a relaxing feeling?" She tightened her grasp.

"Just who are you really?" I bit out. "I don't remember giving you my name."

Another irritating giggle left her thin lips. "You really don't remember me?" She feigned sadness in her voice. "It's me, 00-MERMAID."

My eyes widened at the familiar code and she merely laughed at my shock. "So you do remember me, cute little 00-ICE? Then you should remember your promise that you, 00-WIND and 00-THUNDER broke." Her voice grew cold as steel and sharp as a blade. "You all left me behind." Her grip became iron and her nails grew sharp and long like claws as they dug into my skin and broke through some of my muscles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What cha all think?

I think I lost my touch on this and my writing style has changed--by a lot--so it's a bit hard to write in the same--or at least similar--style as I did when I started this fanfiction.