Chapter 20~ Protective

I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. It was written by Yukiyoshi Ōhashi and directed by Noriyuki Abe. The original manga writer is Yoshihiro Togashi. The only thing I own in this FanFlic is Sapphire.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

§Sapphire's POV§

"I see your still using the same old armour. Too bad for you that I have all of my powers back now and I'm not holding back!" I then release all my power as my light brown hair becomes a Rose Gold colour and my eyes a bright red instead of blue. (Due to anger)

"45% power..." I breathe hundreds of my Crystal Blades form behind me and my nails become claws made of ice.

"Let’s dance in the blood of my enemy." My grin grows as my energy slowly takes over.

I disappear then reappeared behind Risho and slash him with my claws, his cuts freezing along with his blood stream.

"Raining Shards!" I jump out if the way as my Crystal Shards rained down on the man.

"You... don't... even... deserve... to call... yourself... a SHINOBI!!" I yelled in between my punches, I then land one final kick to the gut and he goes crashing into the crowd.

"1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10! And the winner is Sapphire! Team Urameshi moves onto the next round!" Koto shouts after carefully counting. My hair and eyes fade back to normal and Hiei looks shocked when the barrier is broken.

"She's... really here..." I hear him say, I then look I to where Botan was to find that Yukina has come to watch the show. I shake my head at his reaction. 'He's so shy and doesn't even know it...'

"Hey Koto," said fox looks to me. "you did a good job counting. Those committee jerks are just sexist and don't know how to treat a lady." She smiles in thanks and I turn to Toya.

"Hey Toya, catch!" I throw a silk bag at him, which lands on his lap. "Make sure to shove one down Jin's throat while our at it." He nods and swallows a Healing Crystal, then proceeds to force one down Jin's throat while he's unconscious.

I walk over to where Yukina is and wave. "Long time no see Yukina. Sorry you had to see that."

"Yes, it has been. And it's alright; he hurt a friend so I understand." She answers. "Yeah, Toya's always been like a brother too me and my sisters." I let a gentle smile slip by and I walk back onto the ring.

Hiei, Kuwabara, the masked fighter, Yusuke, and Kurama do the same and we bask in our victory.

§Time Skip§

'Remind me again, why we are spying on Yukina and Kuwabara while she's healing him...' I ask telepathically to Hiei as we're lying under the bushes, a blush threatening to surface on my cheeks.

'Because I want to make sure that moron's not going to do anything funny with my sister. Now keep your head down!' He answers; I could feel his weight shift on top of me as he tries to keep my head from poking up and out of the bushes. At this point my blush does surface; I just hope he doesn't notice...

§Time Skip§

Yusuke came back to the hotel room with some cute blue penguin thing on his head. He then tells us that it’s her Spirit Beast and I burst out laughing and rolling on the ground.

"So... you’re saying... that... cute little... blue fur ball... is your... inner self...!!?!" I ask in between my laughs.

"I never knew you were so adorable inside." Kuwabara pinches Yusuke's cheeks as he teases him. "You're as cute as a little girl! Hahahaha!" Yusuke then proceeds in punching the idiot over the head. "How adorable was that!?" the Spirit Detective shouts out of irritation.

Kuwabara then clasped Yukina's hands. "Oh Yukina my love, will you please heal Kuwabara's itty bitty bobo?" me and Shizuru then knock the idiot to the ground.

"Give it a rest for 1 minute, Lover Boy!" Shizuru states with a tick mark on her head. "Do that again and you'll need more than just crutches in the morning." I warn.

'If I don't at least try to keep Kuwabara away from Yukina, Hiei's gonna kill me!'

Keiko then picks up the little blue fur ball and fawns over him.

I let out a small yawn. "I'm going to bed. Night everyone..." I dragged myself out of the hotel. 'It's a nice night; I'll just sleep outside tonight...'

§Time Skip§

It's raining... Yusuke should be doing his final test of his training by now... the others are inside playing cards... and Hiei's siting on the windowsill again...

I'm just walking around in the rain, enjoying the solitude, the cold raindrops trickling down my face and body.

Guess I should go and get changed before going to the new arena; don't want demons trying to see through my soaking wet kimono.

I walked into the hotel room, where everyone is, and everyone just stared at me. "Anyone have any extra cloths?" I ask.

"Oh Sapphire! You went out and walked in the rain again!" Botan scolded. "Oh, I have some spare cloths you can barrow." Keiko places her cards down on the table and we walk to her room.

She lays out a few tops on the bed, then some pants. "Thanks Keiko." I thank as I look over everything. "No problem!" she smiles.

I picked a sleeveless burgundy top and tan shorts. "I don't guarantee that you'll get these back in one piece after the tournament though...." I state sheepishly after changing.

"Oh it's alright, I'll just make Yusuke go shopping with me to buy new ones." Keiko reassures. "You two make a good couple." I smirk as a visible blush creeps its way to the surface of her cheeks. "W-w-w-what!"

I giggle and take my leave. "Time to go and beat some demon asses!" I shout.