Chapter 13~ Day 1: Opening Battle

I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. It was written by Yukiyoshi Ōhashi and directed by Noriyuki Abe. The original manga writer is Yoshihiro Togashi. The only thing I own in this FanFlic is Sapphire.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

§Sapphire's POV§

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Koto, I'll be your cute host for this year's tournament and hope it’s gonna be a messy one." The fox announcer began. "For those in the first few rows, raincoats are available."

The crowd cheered and shouted to Koto to announce the teams.

I let out a deep sigh. 'I can't believe he's still sleeping. What did Genkai put him through...?' I think.

"Now here's the introduction you boys have been waiting for..." Koto points to an entrance. "Team Rokuyukai!" the crowd goes wild as our opponents step into sight.

"And now for this year's guests... Team Urameshi!" the demons all start shouting angry, hateful, or disgusting comments at us as we enter the ring. Kuwabara has the sleeping Yusuke's arm wrapped over his shoulder as he carries him in.

'Everyone but Kuwabara seems to have a change in cloths today.' I couldn't help but notice in my mind. 'Hiei's wearing an all blue Chinese style battle costume, Kurama's in a white martial arts outfit with a purple piece of cloth tied around his waist. Yusuke's got a plain white top and autumn red coat that has yellow collar and yellow lined sleeves. His hair is smoothed down and parts in the centre.'

Kuwabara starts to complain about the things being shouted at us and Kurama agrees. It isn't the most pleasant thing to be called a traitor by creatures you've never met.

"Both teams into the arena." Koto instructed. Our two teams then stood in front of each other.

"I see you've changed your cloths." I smirked. "I did, you'll pay for destroying my favourite shirt." Zeru hissed. "Aw come on, you’re wearing one the exact same." I waved off his hiss.

Then I sensed something very familiar... 'This is not good!'

"Crap!" I whisper. "What's wrong?" Kuwabara asks. "Your sister, Keiko, Botan, and Koenma are here..." I whisper.

"What! How!?" He freaks. "I think they made Botan spill the info and bring them here..." I sigh in irritation. "I'll go check on them when the fights start..."

"Good idea." Kurama says. "It's not wise to leave them with demons."

"As always the terms for the fighting match will be decided by the leaders of the two teams. Of course if the leaders can't agree, we'll just go on to a one on one fight." Koto explains.

"But our team leader's still a sleep!" Kuwabara mutters the last part angrily.

"Well the, you'll just have to be the one to do it." Kurama stated. Kuwabara perks up at this with a half Cheshire cat smile. "Really!?"

"I don't wanna go to school mom... let Kuwabara be the leader in this stupid tournament..." Yusuke murmurs in his sleep. "Has anyone seen my green jacket?..."

"Hehe! If that's not a transfer of power I don't know what is!" Kuwabara smiles. "Of course I don't like the fact that I was second choice but oh well. Let’s do this tournament terms thing."

"Poor fool..." Hiei says.

Kuwabara and Zeru had a state down before settling with a one-on-one battle. It was Rinku vs. Kuwabara. Once that was announced I teleported to where Botan and the girls were.