The New Kid

"Ivy, I don't want to be late!" Julie exclaimed as she dragged a redhead away from a green locker.

"I'm coming! No need to drag me. I just wanted to put a surprise in that annoying kid's locker." Ivy groaned.

"No time! We can't be late today or else Mr. Harvey will give us detention. I really don't want another one." Juliet whined. Ivy rolled her eyes as they rushed into A102, their English classroom. It was 10:54, one minute before their fourth period class starts. The two had been side tracked between passing time which is why Julie was worried about being tardy.

Julie tripped as she dashed to her desk. The bell rang right before she sat down. Ivy shook her head at her best friend.

"What were you so worried about? We made it, didn't we?" Ivy whispered from the desk next to her. Juliet opened her mouth to speak but Mr. Harvey spoke up.

"Alright, settle down class. Today we have a new student." This got the entire class's attention. Locking Grove was a small town with a small High school. If there was a new student everyone would have heard about him by lunch. That probably explained the kid who was standing in front of the class. Juliet was too busy talking to Ivy to even notice him. He had short curly brown hair, dimples, and green eyes. He smirked, cockily and put his hands in his red hoodie's pockets. He was kind of cute but there was something oddly familiar about him. Mr. Harvey turned to the new guy. "Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

"Hey, my name is Romeo Cameron. I like English, Chemistry, and Culinary Arts. My favorite activities are cooking, Soccer, and Hockey. I use to live in Locking Grove but I moved a couple years ago. Now I'm back. So yeah... That's basically it." The guy finished. Julie remembered where she had seen him before. They had went to school together as kids and he had hated her! He had always been a jerk to her. Romeo turned to look directly at the teacher. "So where should I sit?"

Juliet quickly scanned the class. There were only two empty seats left. One in the very back as far away from Juliet as possible and one...

"Next to Juliet in the front." Mr. Harvey told Romeo. He sat down on Julie's right. She groaned as he sat down. He shot her a flirtatious wink which she rolled her eyes at. He was still as annoying as ever. Juliet rolled her eyes.

Mr. Harvey started to talk about Greek roots. Juliet started taking notes. Seven minutes into class note landed on her desk. She looked around to Ivy. She was currently asleep. Juliet turned to her right. Romeo winked at her and pointed to the note. She sighed and opened it.

Do you have a map? It read.

No why? She wrote back. She tossed it to his desk. He immediately started writing. Mr. Harvey took no notice.

The note was tossed back to her. She opened it up.

Because I think I got lost... In your eyes. ;)

Juliet rolled her eyes. Did he really write that? She had walked right into that one. It was the cheesiest pick up line ever too.

Just leave me alone. Are you seriously using that line on me? I'm not impressed. Also stop passing notes in class! It's distracting

Juliet tossed the note back to him and tried to focus on Mr. Harvey. Something hit her in the head. It was the same note. She groaned but opened it anyway.

Sorry, babe, but this class is so boring. You're much more fun.

Are you a parking ticket? Cause you've got fine written all over you. ;)

Your license should be suspended for driving me crazy. ;)

If looks could kill, you'd be a weapon of mass destruction. ;)

The only thing your eyes haven't told me is your name. ;)

Juliet groaned. There was an annoying winky face after each dumb pick-up line. She quickly wrote back.

Seriously pay attention! You're distracting me and I actually want to learn. Also DON'T call me babe! Also my name is Juliet. Mr. Harvey said it at the beginning of class, idiot and we went to school together for like eight years. You used to pick on me, remember? Now get back to work!

She slid it back to him. He started scribbling immediately. She sighed annoyed.

Oh yeah! You used to have braces didn't you? Clunky green ones?

Hey, you're Juliet and I'm Romeo. Do you believe in fate? You should let me take you on a date. I promise that I won't be late or make you wait! Come on and celebrate! You could be my mate. ;)

See just like Shakespeare!

"What do you have there, Juliet?" Mr. Harvey asked. Juliet, shakily, handed the note over. She was terrified of getting in trouble with her favorite teacher. Mr. Harvey read it over.

"Romeo, as much as I admire your poem I find passing notes in class very rude. Why don't I read this to the class?" Mr. Harvey asked. Romeo shrugged.

"Go ahead."

Mr. Harvey proceeded to read the entire note to the class. Juliet's face was bright red and she sank down in her seat. Romeo looked cool and collected. He didn't seem to care at all.

When Mr. Harvey finished he said,"You both get a warning." The bell rang dismissing the students. "Class dismissed."

Romeo approached Juliet as she packed up her stuff.

"So what about it?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" Juliet asked, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Do you wanna go out?" He winked at her.

"Not in the slightest." Juliet flicked her blond hair over shoulder as she walked away leaving a stunned Romeo in her wake. She hadn't meant to be so rude but she disliked him. He was so annoying with his winky faces and pick-up lines, not to mention he used to bully her.

Ivy caught up to her. "Hey, dude!"

Juliet smiled. "Hey, Ivy."

"That Romeo kid is something isn't he?" Ivy said. Juliet barked with laughter.

"Something annoying that's for sure."

"I thought he was funny. Wait wasn't he the kid who used to pick on you?" Ivy asked. Juliet nodded. Ivy shrugged. "I still think he was funny. He was totally flirting with you." Ivy laughed. Juliet was about to reply when she heard someone say her name.

"The new kid, Romeo, totally has a thing for Juliet Hunter. Isn't that adorable!" A girl squealed. Seeing as it was a small school Juliet knew exactly who had squealed. It was Emily Baker.

"Aw that is so cute. I totally ship them." Her friend, Alicia Ritcher, replied.

Juliet groaned as she overheard their conversation. It was going to be a long day.