The Interview

Juliet's heart pounded as she got off the school bus. It was Thursday afternoon. In half an hour she would be on her way to a job interview. She couldn't have been more nervous.

"See ya, Julie. Good luck with your interview." Anthony shouted out the window.

"Thanks!" She yelled back as she walked home from the bus stop. She broke into a sprint and bolted.

Accidentally slamming the door as she headed upstairs to her room. Her brother noticed her excitement.

"What's going on, Julie?" He knocked on her door.

"Job interview across town. Got to go." Julie said from behind her door.

"Do you want a ride?" Will asked. Julie opened the door.

"I was going to ride my bike... But since I can't seem to find my helmet that would be great."

Will waved his hand gesturing for her to follow him. "Come on then." Julie did as he said. Julie jumped in the passenger's seat of Will's green BMW.

Julie looked out the window of the car as the drove. She tried to calm her nerves. It was a couple minutes before they turned down Arden Avenue, the street where Michael's Bakery was. Before they reached the bakery a little yellow house caught her eye.

154 Arden Avenue didn't seem like anything special but Julie remembered passing by here all the time with her mother because Arden Street was on the way to the dentist. 154 Arden Avenue was where a little boy with curly brown hair and an oversized hoodie used to live. Juliet knew who that boy had been. She started to wonder if he had moved back into that house after moving back into town or if he was living somewhere else.

As they pulled into the parking lot of the bakery Juliet forced herself to push that thought out of her memory. She didn't care about Romeo Cameron.

As soon as she walked through the doors of the bakery her phone vibrated in her pocket. She had gotten a text.

Good luck with your job interview. I really hope you get it. ;)

Juliet smiled. Maybe she cared about Romeo just a little. But she would never admit that.

Julie was ten minutes early so she waited. Will stuck around too.

"Will, you don't have to stick around, you know." Julie told her brother not wanting to waste his time.

"Nah it's fine. I'll just wait with you for a while." Will told her. Julie raised an eyebrow at her brother. This was odd behavior.

A couple minutes later a young woman walked up to them. "Hi are you Juliet Hunter?" The woman asked. Julie knew this girl from school. She was a senior like her brother. Julie nodded. "Great I'm Molly Heart. I'm the assistant manager." Molly had medium length, straight, brown hair and hazel eyes. She was also known to be one of the nicest people in school. "Hey, Will." She acknowledged her classmate.

"Hi, Molly. Julie, call me when you want a ride home, okay?"

"Okay bye, Will." Julie said to her brother as he left. Julie followed Molly to a room where she would be being interviewed.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Molly asked her.

Tell me what you think in the comments please. What do you think will happen next? Will Juliet get the job? If you like this story you can share with your friends and vote but you don't have to. Bye! :)