A Surpise Visit

Juliet was stuck. She was a straight A student but calculus was a tricky subject for her to understand. If she wanted to turn this homework in on time she would have to ask for help. Seeing as her mom was at work and Will was out with friends Julie couldn't ask either of them. So she logged on Skype.

Skype: Group Chat

Thursday 5:20 PM

Is anyone good at calculus?

If you want a C then I can help. Lol

No offense, Ivy, but I'd like to do well.

None taken.

I would like to help you but Mark and I are in the middle of a Video Game marathon. We haven't even left to use the bathroom in the last hour.

Why are you on Skype then?

I died. Stupid purple fish.

Oh okay.

I'll help you. I'm not bad at calculus and I don't have anything else to do.

Sweet! Do you mind if I come over?

Of course he doesn't!

Ivy!

That's fine, Julie.

Okay, I'll be right over.

Julie was relieved that Romeo could help her with her homework. She needed it.

Julie hopped on her bike and rode it to 154 Arden Avenue. She pulled up to the familiar yellow house that was close to the bakery. Julie took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Nick answered. He looked a little confused to see Julie there.

"Uh, Juliet, what are you doing here?" He asked. He wasn't upset to see her, but he was curious.

"I need some help with my homework and Romeo offered to help me. Is that alright?" Julie asked shyly.

Nick grinned. "Of course. Please, come in."

Julie stepped inside. It was a nice house, inside and outside. It wasn't too big, but it wasn't cramped either. The very first room was a small room that appeared only to have the purpose of greeting guests. A staircase at the left side of the room led upstair.

"Romeo, you have a visitor." Nick called up the stairs. Julie clutched her textbook to her chest as she waited. A minute later she heard a thumping sound as if footsteps were clomping down the stairs. A pair of feet appeared, followed by a pair of legs, a waist, a chest, and Romeo's head.

"Oh hey, Julie." Romeo greeted her as soon as he saw her.

"Hey, Romeo." She smiled.

Romeo scratched the back of his head. "So uh let's get to that homework."

"Yeah that's probably the best idea..." Julie waited a couple more seconds, waiting for Romeo to lead her somewhere. When he didn't move she spoke up. "I don't know my way around your house-"

Romeo smacked his forehead, face palming. "Oh right. Of course." He lead her to his kitchen. There was a counter that separated the dining area from the actual kitchen. They sat at the counter.

As minutes went by Julie felt she had a bit of a better grasp on calculus. They were just finishing up the last problem and a bowl of popcorn when the doorbell rang.

Julie shot Romeo a look of confusion. "Are you expecting anyone?"

"No," Romeo shook his head. Never the less he went back to the front door to answer it. He barely beat his uncle there. Romeo flung the door open and he and Julie peered into the darkening evening.

A woman greeted them with a large dimpled smile on her face. Her hair was long in large brown ringlets and her eyes were a sparkling sapphire blue.

Romeo's eyes went wide. It seemed to Juliet that he knew this woman. He was shocked to see her there.

"Mom?"