Talking

"So, Juliet, Nick was just telling me how you're doing at the bakery." Ms. Hunter said to her daughter.

"I forgot my boss would technically be a this party." Julie mumbled, teasingly.

"You're not the only one forgets that stuff. You don't live with him." Romeo commented. His uncle ruffled his hair.

"Anyway he was telling me that you're doing a really good job... When Romeo's not distracting you." Ms. Hunter teased. "Are you sure you don't have a thing for him?"

Julie's face returned to the red color it had been a few minutes ago. "Mom!" She screeched. Romeo, whose face had turned a shade pinker, laughed along with his uncle.

"I'm only teasing, sweetheart." Ms. Hunter smiled. Julie rolled her eyes.

"But seriously, Julie, you're doing a great job. You seem very responsible and professional... Most of the time." Nick smiled. "Ever since you began Romeo's performance has improved too. Trying to impress her, eh?" Nick asked his nephew.

"You two are making more jokes than usual." Romeo said, his arms crossed.

"It's a party! What do you expect?" Ms. Hunter grinned. "Juliet, I told Nick about how you used to babysit-"

"Mom, that was like two years ago." Julie interrupted.

Ms. Hunter continued. "And he says his sister needs someone to babysit her daughter."

"Well, I already have to babysit one member of the Cameron family, so why not?" Julie said. Romeo stuck his tongue out at the girl. "How old is she?"

"That's why I don't want to let Romeo watch her by himself. He already acts like a kid sometimes. Aliena's seven." Nick laughed.

Julie smiled. "Aliena?" She knew where that name was from.

Nick nodded. "So if you want the gig is yours."

"Yeah sure, that'd be great." Julie stated. "Is that all you needed to talk to me about?"

Ms. Hunter nodded. "We just wanted to know where you two were. You're free now."

"Good because I've got a redhead to murder." Julie scampered out of the room and upstairs.

"I'll help!" Romeo followed after. He stopped in his tracks. Actually he needed to talk to Ms. Hunter.

"Ivy Alanna Collins, you've got some explaining to do!" Julie screeched.