How Romeo Met Juliet: Part Two

His second attempt to make successful contact with the young female didn't go exactly as he hoped either.

His friends tried to give advice.

"Stay away from her. She's probably got cooties." Ian James warned him. Romeo shook his head.

"She doesn't have cooties."

"Cooties or no cooties stay away from her. Her best friend is Ivy Collins and she's trouble. You don't want to mess with her." Connor Harris still had a bruise on his nose from the basketball.

"I'm not going to talk to Ivy. Even if I do it's not like I'm going to say anything stupid to make her mad." Romeo told his group of friends.

His best friend crossed his arms. "I say just go for it."

"But what if I run off again?"

"You don't want to run off again so you won't, right?" Anthony said.

"Are you going to do it or not?" Jason Parker whined. Romeo decided to take Anthony's advice and to just go for it. It wasn't like his other friends were giving out great advice.

Recess was nearly over when he approached her for the second time. She was reading the same book and sitting by herself in the same spot. The loud girl glanced in their direction and glared at him, protectively.

"Hi, Juliet." He said. She looked up and smiled. Her face seemed to light up with energy and happiness at the sight of him.

"Hey it's you! Romeo, right?" She smiled that same sweet and innocent smile as the day before.

"Yeah that's me. So how's your book?" Romeo asked. Juliet seemed to light up even more at the mention of the book.

"It's great! I love it. It's one of my favorites. I must have read it five times already." She laughed a little.

Unfortunately the teacher blew the whistle signaling it was time to go inside. Juliet frowned.

"I guess it's time to go in. I'll see you around, Romeo." She said sadly, expecting him to run in with his friends. She started walking.

"Wait! Let me walk in with you." Romeo valid his hands into his pockets and blushed, somewhat shyly. Juliet perked up.

"Okay!" It was clear that Juliet liked Romeo. Not too many people cared to talk to her and yet he did. She thought he was nice.

The two walked in together. After recess was a sort of quiet time break. It was an attempt to get kids to calm down after lunch and recess. They were allowed to socialize but had to be quiet. Most kids colored or read a book at this time.

Romeo decided to sit next to Juliet instead of with his regular friends. The two took out crayons and their notebooks and began doodling.

"So do you have any siblings?" Juliet asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Nope, I'm a an only child. It's just me, my mom, and my dad. My uncle visits a lot too but he's obviously not a kid. Do you?"

"Yep! I have an older brother. He's actually a third grader!" Juliet said in a way that made it sound like being third grader was much more mature and impressive than being second grader. "And I have a little sister who doesn't go to school yet. She goes to day care. And I have my mom and my dad." She looked down slightly. "Mom and dad aren't doing to well lately. They always seem mad at each other." She quickly perked up, not wanting to bring Romeo's spirits down.