What Friends Are For

Juliet mentally kicked herself. She had been open with Cameron! She had told him about her dream of being a chef and how she felt about love. Why did she say all that? She had even been flirting with him!

She needed to talk to Ivy now. Lucky for her third period was study hall. Her teacher didn't mind if they were on their devices as long as they had all their work done. Juliet normally did. She quickly got on her phone.

Ivy, I need to talk to you! She typed.

She watched Ivy pick up her phone. Ivy sat all the way across the room from her in study hall.

What?

I was Cameron's cooking partner last period!

Cameron? Oh you're talking about Romeo. So what?

He flirted with me! And I think I flirted back!

You think? Julie, you should know if you were flirting or not.

I think I was! Ugh I don't know though. I joked about letting him run a bakery with me and I called him a weirdo IN A TEASING TONE!

Jules, calm down! You clearly don't know how to flirt if that's what you call flirting.

What would you call flirting?

You know, the classics. Pickup lines, letting your hand linger on theirs, making excuses to touch them, teasing... And those are just the innocent ones. ;)

I don't want to hear about the other ones. Seriously what goes on in your twisted mind?

>:) I don't think you want to know.

No I don't. Your brain scares me sometimes. So you don't think I was flirting with him?

Not really but it does seem like you are warming up to him. Does someone have a little crush?

As if!

If you say so.

I DON'T! I don't even like him at all.

Sheesh, okay I believe you. Listen, Jules, is that all?

No I kinda told him some stuff...

Did you tell him what I did to Tyler Mick's locker?!

No... What did you do to his locker?

Did I forget to tell you about that?

Yes! Ivy, what did you do?

I glued a tape recorder of himself talking nonstop in his locker. Now he'll finally know how annoying he is.

Is that why you had glue on your hands on Friday?

Yes.

Shouldn't the batteries die?

Eventually they will, but the batteries should last at least a week.

Has anyone ever told you that you are crazy?

I believe a couple people have. One of them was you. Anyway what did you tell Romeo?

I told him that I don't really care for love.

You told him about that? Now he'll back off for sure.

Yeah but that was a secret fear of mine! I can't believe I told him what I think of love. I also told him that it's my dream to be a chef.

Listen, Jules, you're overreacting. He probably won't even remember what you told him.

Are you sure?

80% sure! And if he does remember, who cares? At least you didn't tell him something super super personal. Wait, you didn't tell him about your dad, did you?

No I didn't.

Thank Voldemort for that.

You're so weird. Thanks for making me feel better.

What are friends for?