Seven Minutes

"Okay, Romeo, it's your turn." Alicia stated.

Romeo stood up. "Actually I think I'm going to check up on my uncle. I pass my turn to Will." Romeo left the room.

"Alright!" Will rubbed his hands together, mischievously.

"Uh I'll be back!" Julie exited her bedroom and searched for where the young Cameron had gone. She headed downstairs and found him walking by the hall closet.

"Romeo," She exclaimed. He stopped in his tracks.

"Do you need something?" He asked.

"Are you okay?" Julie wondered. They were now standing face to face.

"I'm fine." He said. "I didn't mean to embarrass you or anything."

Julie shook her head. "You weren't the one who embarrassed me. Ivy embarrassed both of us. And I'm used to Ivy embarrassing me. It comes with being her best friend."

"Pfft I wasn't embarrassed." Romeo lied. Julie raised an eyebrow. "Okay maybe it was a little embarrassing."

Ivy crept down the stairs, quietly making her way to the two friends. Romeo saw her coming but was a little late to react.

"Ivy, what are you-" Romeo began.

Ivy shoved both Romeo and Julie into the closet. Julie shirked her best friends name as she did this. The closet was dark. The two heard a click as the door was locked from the outside.

"Ivy, let us out!" Julie screeched.

"Not until you two talk some things out! Or the seven minutes are up! Whichever comes first." Ivy laughed from outside the closet.

Julie mumbled something and Romeo was able to make out the words "murder" and "Ivy" and "pain in the". He almost laughed at his friend. Julie eventually gave up her grumblings and turned to Romeo.

The closet light clicked on and the two realized how close they were to each other.

"Okay, what are we supposed to talk about?" Romeo asked.

"Each other!" Ivy shouted from the other side.

"Uh so what's your favorite color?" Romeo joked. He knew her favorite color was blue. Julie glared at him. She suddenly was not in the mood for jokes.

"Not like that! Talk about your feelings!" Ivy then went on to mumble, "Idiots..."

"Well, this is a conversation we've avoided for a while now, isn't it?" Romeo hummed awkwardly. Julie crossed her arms.

"I don't really think there's anything to talk about." Julie crossed her arms, impatiently. She could hear Ivy scoff from outside. Romeo crossed his arms too.

"I think I've got to disagree with you about that, Julie. Maybe we should talk."

"I've already said there's nothing to talk about." Julie said like the stubborn girl she was.

"Yeah, we're two teens going through teen problems and drama who nearly kissed that one time but we're still friends even though we clearly have issues we need to discuss with each other. What's there to talk about?" Romeo exclaimed sarcastically.

"That was a mouthful." Julie stated. Romeo shrugged. "I thought you wanted me to wait until I was ready before we discussed this stuff." Juliet sighed.

"I do, but it's beginning to seem more like running away rather than waiting."

Julie scowled. "So what if I am running away? Maybe it's what I do best? Does it matter? I don't want to talk about it. That's that."

"Julie, you can't just run away from your problems forever." Romeo commented. Juliet's scowl deepened.

"Challenge accepted." Julie muttered. Romeo grabbed her by the arms, gently, causing her to look at him.

"Julie, this isn't good for you. I'm not saying talk to me right now, but I am saying stop running away. It's not going to help you with the rest of your life." Romeo told her, looking deep into Julie's eyes. He seemed so honest.

"Who cares? It's not your problem, Cameron." Julie mumbled.

"I care and I know for a fact that Ivy cares. She locked us in a closet for pete's sake!" Romeo stated.

"Yeah, she does... But why do you care so much?" Julie raised an eyebrow.

"I care because you're... My friend. I don't want to see you regret things later." This seemed slightly less honest.

"Romeo, I don't want to talk. Understand?" Julie stated.

"I understand." Romeo sighed.

Footsteps were heard outside the closet. They heard a woman's voice ask, "Ivy, what are you doing? Is someone in the closet? Ivy, did you lock someone in the closet?"

They heard Ivy run away, laughing. The doorknob jiggled as the two were frozen.

Light filled the dark closet space. Two adults stared into the tight space in shock and slight confusion.

"Er... Should we give you two some privacy?" Romeo's uncle teased. Julie's face turned as red as Romeo's hoodie.

"What are you two doing?" Ms. Hunter asked. "We've been looking everywhere for you."

A very red faced Julie answered. "Ivy, locked us here."

Ms. Hunter shook her head, almost laughing. "That girl! Oh, well get out of there. That's the second time I've found someone in a closet tonight." The high school juniors left the confined space and entered the hallway.

Julie was about to ask when Ms. Hunter answered. "I found your brother making out with one of the neighbor girls, twenty minutes into the party." Ms. Hunter could only shake her head at her children. "Don't tell me that you two were doing the same thing."

If it was possible Juliet's face would have reddened. Romeo's did. "Making out? Definitely not!" Julie shrieked.

"It sounded more like arguing. Were you two arguing?" Nick asked.

"A little." Romeo admitted.

Nick simply shook his head. "You two." He sighed.

"So you were looking for us? Did you need something?" Julie wondered curiously.

"Let's discuss that somewhere that's not the middle of the hallway." Ms. Hunter stated, leading them back to the lively living room.