Movie Madness

The group bought their snacks and headed inside the theater. Emily and Alicia followed them in. Mark and Anthony were saving seats for them in the very back.

Emily and Alicia sat in the next to last row, possibly to spy on Romeo and Julie. Mark sat farthest left, Eric next to him, then Teagan. Ivy sat next to her sister, and Anthony sat next to Ivy. Romeo sat next to his best friend. Julie groaned internally when she realized where she would be sitting. She reluctantly sat down next to Romeo.

"You couldn't resist me, could you?" Romeo stated with a cocky smile on his face.

"Shut up."

"Admit it. You like me." His grin only grew. It was fun to mess with Julie.

"I do not." Juliet huffed. "Shush the movies starting." She said excitedly as a logo for the movie appeared on screen. It started on a lonely city block where a teen girl was walking alone at night.

"Fine." Romeo crossed his arms and leaned back slightly in his chair. Julie's eyes were glued to the screen where the girl had found a lost eight year old boy huddled in the fall leaves in an ally.

Romeo opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it. He didn't want to interrupt the movie with something stupid. A couple minutes in he came up with something to say.

"So that's how Luna and Jackson met?" Romeo asked trying to drive the conversation in the direction he wanted. The screen showed a hyperactive and friendly girl introducing herself to the confused and quiet boy at an orphanage.

"Yes." Julie said simply. It was clear she didn't want to talk about the movie while she was watching it.

A couple minutes later Romeo snuck his hand into Julie's container of popcorn. He popped it into his mouth.

"Hey that's mine!" Julie whispered, annoyed. Romeo simply smirked at her. She glared at him, but it wasn't a serious glare.

"You're going to pay for that, Cameron." She whispered in a slightly playful tone. Romeo grabbed some more popcorn from her bucket and ate it.

"Hey!" She was quite enough that no one heard her but it was clear she was annoyed. "Why don't you share with Anthony. He's got plenty of popcorn." Julie tried to reason. Romeo grabbed some more buttery popcorn of Julie's and ate it.

"It's more fun this way." Romeo told her, grinning in the dark. Julie's eyes narrowed. "Okay fine if you share your popcorn with me I'll share my candy with you." He showed her the box he had bought at the concessions stand. It was mint chocolate bites.

Julie thought about it for a second. "Deal." She told him. Romeo smiled and handed over Julie's first piece of the candy. She then let him steal some popcorn.

Halfway through the movie they ran out of candy and popcorn. Julie debated whether or not she should miss something to get popcorn. She decided to and stood up.

"Are you going to get some more popcorn?" Romeo whispered. Julie nodded. "I'll come with you."

Julie shrugged and the two made their way to the lobby. The concessions line was extremely short this time because most people were watching a movie already. Juliet smiled slightly at Romeo for a second before turning her face to the girl running the concessions stand.