Let's be Spies: Part One

Saturday rolled around with nothing too interesting happening at school that week. There were still a few people who laughed in class because of Romeo and Julie sharing their names with the famous couple and a couple girls who whispered something about shipping them, but they hadn't been asked to read again yet. Luckily for them they only had about a week and a half more of reading the story.

Now it was Saturday. She had agreed to team up with Romeo to spy on their best friends. They would be seeing each other alone without the rest of their friends, outside of work and school, but it was definitely not a date. Julie kept having to tell herself that. She didn't want a date, she just wanted to spy.

Juliet logged on Skype to ask Ivy information about the date.

Skype: Ivy Collins and Juliet Hunter

Saturday 5:55 PM

Hey, Ivy, what's up?

Not much. I'm just getting ready for my date with Anthony.

What do you mean by getting ready? You're not the type of girl that takes forever to get ready for a date and isn't it at 6:30?

I just finished a boxing class. I'm all sweaty, okay?

You didn't have to tell me that.

You asked.

Anyway where are you guys going on your date?

We talked about going to Michael's but we didn't want a certain someone popping up and interrupting us so we decided to go somewhere else.

Romeo has more tact than that.

You're defending him now?

Maybe. Anyway so where are you going instead.

Marty's Smoothie Shack. You seem really curious... A little too curious. Why?

I'm just curious. Nothing more.

Okay... Well I probably should go...

Yeah I'll let you get to it. See ya!

See ya!

Juliet switched on to a different chat on Skype.

Skype: Romeo Cameron and Juliet Hunter

Saturday 6:02 PM

Hey, Cameron?

Hey, babe. ;) Whatcha need?

First off, don't call me babe. Second off, I got the place they're going to and that they haven't changed the time.

Where are they going?

Marty's Smoothie Shack.

I didn't know we had one here. Anyway awesome job, Agent... Cookie.

Agent Cookie? Why?

We're being spies, aren't we? We need spy names.

Okay... Why Cookie?

Because you said yourself that you're a smart cookie and when I gave you my phone number I wrote it on a fortune cookie fortune.

Julie smiled to herself when she read that. It was kinda nice he remembered that stuff. He payed attention to what she said and remembered something as trivial as what he wrote his phone number on.

Oh... What's your name then?

Agent Awesome.

Hmm... No. You picked mine and so I'll pick yours.

Fine what is it?

Um... Agent Map.

Did we just decide on the two weirdest and lamest spy names?

Hey! Wait no, you're right. We did.

Agent Map? Why Agent Map?

I'll let you try and figure it out. Got to go, bye!

Uh, bye.

Julie decided to get ready. She would need a disguise if she was going to get close enough to Ivy and Anthony to overhear their date without being seen.

She grabbed a pair of stylish sunglasses and a long, cherry red jacket. She tucked her hair into a black fedora which she pulled down low over her face. She grabbed her mom's black scarf and wrapped it around her neck to cover up more of her face. It would be hard for Ivy to recognize her now.

Ding dong! She heard the doorbell sound. Then Hermione yelled at her from downstairs.

"Julie, there's a weird boy here for you!"

Julie's face turned red and rushed down the stairs. "Mione!"

"What?" The twelve year old girl asked.

Romeo Cameron was standing in their living room. Julie was glad to see that the red hoodie Romeo always wore had been left at home. He apparently had had the same idea as her. His red hoodie would give him away easily, so he traded it out for a light blue windbreaker. He too was wearing a hat, a gray baseball cap and a pair of black sunglasses sat on the brim. He also had thought about a scarf and was wearing a cool gray and green one.

"Are you ready?" Romeo questioned. He looked her up and down.

"Yeah, let's go." Julie told him. "I'm going out for a bit. Tell Mom I'll be a Marty's Smoothie Shack if she needs me. I have my phone. See ya, Mione." She said to her sister.

Julie noticed, when they were outside, that a red bike was waiting in the driveway. Romeo had ridden his bike here. Juliet grabbed her bike, which was painted ice blue.

The two rode their bikes, with Julie leading because Romeo didn't know where it was, to Marty's Smoothie Shack. Luckily for them they got there just in time to see a head of fiery red hair walk in. It was clearly Ivy.

They followed her in to see her and Anthony sit at a table close to the smoothie bar. Julie tugged at her scarf, pulling it up so it could cover more of her face. Romeo bowed his head and slid his sunglasses on. The two sat at the smoothie bar, because it was close enough to their friends' booth but far enough away that they could whisper to each other with out being heard.

Julie immediately realized that they weren't talking at all. She snuck a glance behind herself. The two were sitting in silence awkwardly. This was going to be a long night.