Friday

It was Friday the twelfth, the day before the dance and two days before Valentine's Day.

"So who's going to go tomorrow?" Mark asked, referring to the dance.

"I'm being forced against my will." Eric complained dramatically.

"Oh come on. It can't be that bad." Ivy told him.

"I was already booked for a Revenge of Revolutions marathon with some friends online! But my parents seem to think real life social interaction is more important. I can't let my team down like this." Eric rested his head on the table. "Stupid dance is going to be stupid."

"I'm glad to see that's how you feel about spending time with us." Julie teased.

"Jules, you can't honestly tell me that you want to go. You hate that kind of stuff." Eric stated. "Why are you even on the dance committee?"

"I thought it would be easy and look good on a college application. We are supposed to join clubs and stuff. Besides Mark was doing it so I didn't think it would be too bad." Julie explained. "Plus at the dance I'll be able to hang out with you guys."

"You can do that more comfortably at my house while we all play video games." Eric told the group.

"Wow you really don't want to go." Ivy stated obviously.

"I really don't." He admitted.

"Look on the bright side," Mark smirked at his best friend. "It's one night of torture. After that you can avoid being actually social as much as you want."

"Wow that doesn't sound like a bright side. One night of torture," Eric shook his head, chuckling.

"So are we all going?" Anthony asked.

Ivy shrugged. "Looks like it."

"Eric, you could ask Emily to go with you." Mark suggested. "That could make it better."

Eric looked startled. "Are you kidding? More social interaction! More pressure! A real girl added into the mix. Yeah that sounds like a good idea."

"A real girl? What do you think we are?" Julie asked pointed between herself and Ivy.

"You guys don't count." Eric stated.

"He's a lost cause. Let's just leave him be." Ivy suggested.

Only one day left until the Valentine's Day dance.