Hypothetically Speaking

English was alright for Julie. It wasn't great. She still hated that the class was reading Romeo and Juliet but thankfully it was an uneventful class period.

Lunch was a little annoying. Girls kept coming up to Julie and asking if she was dating a certain annoying new kid. The girls at her school always wanted gossip. She had a feeling that this was going to be a regular thing. Romeo, thankfully, wasn't at their table at lunch.

Anthony was though. It seemed like both of them quickly became friends with Ivy, Mark, and Eric. Julie didn't mind Anthony that much. He was alright. Anthony told them that Romeo was working on a math assignment so he wasn't going to be at lunch. Julie found herself quite glad of how the situation turned out. Anthony fitted right in with her friends and Romeo was annoying as well as not present.

When the school day ended Julie had a smile on her face. It had been a easy Monday. She climbed on her bus, ready for the school ride home. Julie took out her earbuds and phone but accidentally dropped them. When she looked up at the front of the bus she groaned.

Romeo was handing the bus driver a note. The bus driver nodded and Romeo followed Anthony on the bus. Romeo was taking her bus home!

Anthony led Romeo to the back of the bus to his usual seat which was only a couple seats away from Juliet.

Okay just pretend like you're not here. Just pretend you're not here and he won't notice you.

Julie put her earbuds in and tried to look like every other teen on the bus. She was unsuccessful because Romeo clearly noticed her.

"Hey, babe!" He slid into the seat behind her. Julie lightly hit her head against the front seat and groaned.

"Cameron, how many times have I told you not to call me that?" Julie snapped.

"I don't know but it's cute when you get mad about it." Romeo told her. He smiled. Julie blushed. Anthony sat down next to Romeo.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked.

"Nothing" Julie stated clearly. Romeo frowned slightly.

"Oh good cause I actually had something I'd like to talk to you about." Anthony said. Romeo raised an eyebrow at his best friend. Julie turned around completely and sat on her knees. The bus started.

"Okay what is it?" She asked nicely.

Anthony's cheeks turned pink. "You're Ivy's best friend, right?" Julie grinned. If this was heading where she thought it was heading than she was going to be very happy.

"Yeah," She nodded.

"Well hypothetically if a guy wanted to ask her out. What is her type?" He asked.

Julie raised an eyebrow. "Her type?" Anthony nodded. "She doesn't really have one. She mostly likes all guys, except the safety kids. She likes a little trouble." Julie smiled.

"Now hypothetically speaking how would a guy ask her out, if he were going to, hypothetically?" Anthony stammered. Julie smirked. This was going exactly where she had been hoping it was going to go.

"Hypothetically speaking if a guy were to ask her out he should just ask her. She doesn't want anything fancy. She hates flowers and chocolates, so cliché stuff like that it out. This hypothetical guy should just go up to her and be straight forward. Ivy prefers stuff like that." Julie told Anthony. Romeo pretended not to pay attention by looking out the window, but he was actually listening.

"Oh okay thanks. One more hypothetical question. What kinds of dates does she like?" Anthony asked.

Julie thought about it for a moment. "Hmm... She likes adventurous dates, but I don't recommend those as a first date. She likes something fun and simple for first dates, like going to the movies. Nothing sappy though." Juliet advised. Anthony made a mental note of everything Julie had said.

"Thanks, Julie."

"You're welcome." Julie turned back around in her seat, before she remembered something. "Oh and Anthony?"

"Yeah?"

Julie smiled. "Smart move coming to talk to her best friend about it. That is always a great idea."

Romeo was suddenly interested at Julie's words. Talk to the best friend. He smiled. Juliet just gave him an idea on how to woo her.