Let's be Spies: Part Two

Julie groaned a little. They weren't talking. If they weren't going to talk then what was the point of overhearing what they were talking about.

"They're not saying anything." Julie hissed into Romeo's ear. He nodded.

"I can tell. Give them a couple seconds. It's a first date after all." Romeo whispered back. Julie sighed and waited.

Eventually Anthony spoke up. "So what are you thinking about getting?"

"I was thinking about getting the Marty Burger and a strawberry milkshake." Ivy replied. "What about you?"

"Uh... A lemon smoothie and a Weir hotdog." Anthony told her, glancing at the menu.

Things went quiet again. Julie sighed again. Some one had to say something. She wanted their first date to be awesome, not full of silence. Ivy was her best friend and Anthony was a nice and cool boy. They deserved an awesome first date.

Julie glanced as a waiter walked over to their table and took their order. After he left they went back to being silent.

Julie peered at the wall to her left. She had an idea. It might cause some slight embarrassment to herself but would definitely start up a conversation. There was a modern jukebox attached to the wall. She stood up and walked over to it.

"J- Cookie, what are you doing?" Romeo hissed. Anthony shot a look in his direction but Romeo turned around quickly as he pulled his baseball cap down even more. Anthony shrugged.

Julie completely ignored him as she searched for a song on the jukebox. There it was! It was one of Ivy's favorite songs and it had been playing at Ivy's birthday in Freshman year when Julie had made a fool of herself. It made a good story and would get the conversation going at Julie's expense. A couple songs were up before Julie's, which was good because it would draw less attention to her.

A couple minutes later the song American Pie started to play. Ivy took notice.

"You know, this is my favorite song." Ivy told Anthony.

He raised an eyebrow interested. "Really? It is a good song."

"Well it's one of my favorites. It reminds me of this one time Julie..." Ivy continued on to tell Anthony an embarrassing story about Juliet that happened on Ivy's birthday which included the song on a accidental repeat, multiple bottles of Ivy's cousin's lemonade, a clumsy Julie, and Ivy's pool. Anthony was trying to keep himself from laughing too hard by the end of the story.

Romeo looked like he was about to explode from holding himself back from laughing. Julie crossed her arms and huffed.

"It's not that funny." She mumbled.

"It kind of is." Romeo snickered. She rolled her eyes at him.

"Whatever... It wasn't my fault. How was I supposed to know that Ivy's cousin didn't make regular lemonade?" She muttered. Romeo calmed down.

"I would have payed anything to have been there to see that." He teased. She rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure you've had plenty of embarrassing moments."

"Nah, I'm too cool for that." Romeo shot her a cocky grin. Behind them they heard Anthony start talking.

"That's nothing. You should have been there when Romeo started crying on the last day of seventh grade." Anthony told Ivy. Romeo's grin quickly disappeared. Juliet smiled.