What Happened to Michael Cameron?

When Julie got home later that day she was full of questions. Something had happened to Romeo's family around the time Romeo was about eight or nine.

She decided to first look up Michael's Bakery to try and see if Michael was Romeo's father's name.

She got a news article about the opening of the bakery. It was from January 13th, 2004.

Michael's Bakery was opened today on Arden Avenue by Michael and Katie Cameron...

That was all Julie needed to know. She looked up Michael Cameron. The first result shocked her.

Michael Cameron, age 32 was in a car accident December seventeenth whilst on his way to his son's birthday party. His wife, Katie and their son, Romeo, were also in the car at the time. Another car slid on ice and collided with theirs. Katie and Romeo survived with minor injuries. The driver of the other car, David Willis, and Michael were both killed in the collision.

Julie stared at the computer screen. Romeo's dad had died! She felt horrible for Romeo. The way he had talked about him made it clear that he was really close to his dad when he was younger. She didn't know how she would feel if her mom or someone else close to her had died.

"Knock knock!" Julie heard a familiar voice from behind her. It was Ivy. "Your mom let me in. What are you reading?"

Julie quickly shut off her computer monitor. "Nothing!"

"Julie, you're acting really suspicious. What were you looking at? Ooh was it dirty?" Ivy asked. There was a clearly teasing tone in her voice but Juliet wasn't in the mood.

"No it wasn't dirty. It's not anything you would be interested in." Julie told her best friend. Ivy raised an eyebrow. They were locked into a staring contest for a few seconds before Ivy bolted for the computer.

Julie wasn't fast enough. Ivy turned the screen on and pushed Julie's swivel chair away from the computer desk. Ivy's eyes widened in shock at the words in the screen.

"Oh my god." Ivy mumbled. Julie nodded.

"I know."

"His dad is dead?" Ivy stated. It wasn't exactly a question.

"Yeah and Romeo and his mom were in the car when it happened."

"Wow, that's awful. Poor Cameron." They were silent for a minute before Ivy spoke up again. "What were you doing looking up Michael Cameron anyway?"

Juliet didn't have answer. Ivy grinned. "Does someone want to find out more about their crush?"

Julie glared as a faint red tint spread across her cheeks. "I don't like him."

"Maybe not but you're definitely curious about him." Ivy pointed out. "You don't hate him anymore. After all when was the last time he pulled your hair or teased you? I'm pretty sure it's been like three years. It's time to let go of the hate."

Julie hated to admit Ivy was right. Julie took a deep breath in. The hate for Romeo was officially gone. Sure he could be annoying and a bit flirty but she had to admit she kinda liked hanging out with him. Maybe she could let them be friends.

"Ivy, you're right. I'm done hating him, for real this time." Julie admitted. Ivy shook her head, smiling.

"You haven't hated him for a while now. You just haven't realize it."