Skype IIII: Questioning Love

Juliet is plain italics.
Romeo is plain bold.
Ivy is plain underlined.
Anthony is underlined bold.
Eric is bold italics.
Mark is underlined italics.

...

Skype: Romeo Cameron and Juliet Hunter.

Tuesday 5:02 PM

There's something I just don't get about you.

Oh yeah? What's that?

You say you don't believe in love but then you want people like Anthony and Ivy to get together. That doesn't make sense to me.

I never said I don't believe in love.

Yeah you did. We were in culinary arts, remember?

I said that I don't believe in ROMANTIC love. Even I can not not believe in love. My mom loves me, my siblings love me, my friends love me and I love all of them. Family love definitely exists, but romantic love was created to make marriage- which was basically a human trade negotiation- easier.

But romance has been around since the beginning of time! I just can't see how you don't believe in it.

It's sappy, cheesy, lame, and occasionally messed up. Romance has only a couple purposes: reproduction, tradition, and making money off saps.

What about love for the sake of love?

Prove that's real. It's a bunch of BS. Most marriages end in divorce anyway and the ones who don't can often be unhappy.

How come you wanted Ivy and Anthony to go out?

I want them to be happy. I like the idea romance, but I also like the idea Hogwarts. Simply saying, that doesn't make it real.

Okay first off, Hogwarts is real.

That's what you choose to focus on?

I'm getting there. Second, so you don't think that Ivy and Anthony will ever have truly romantic feelings for each other because such a thing doesn't exist in your eyes?

Sort of, they like each other but it's what many people mistake for real love: infatuation. Sooner or later sh!t's going to go down and one of them is going to be broken hearted.

And before you ask, it'll probably be Anthony. Ivy tends to build up walls to keep people out ever since... Well it's not for me to tell. She let him in way too easily. She's going to put her defenses up when things get serious and she starts to really like him so she won't be the broken hearted one.

That seems fair. So you just hope the best for them in the present because you don't think there will be a future?

Yeah basically.

Wow, that's... depressing.

Maybe, but do you kind of understand me now?

Maybe a little more, although it still doesn't really make all that much sense to me.

It's how I was raised. I grew up believing it.

Speaking of which earlier you mentioned that you love your mom but you didn't even mention your dad. What about him?

Uh... I got to go.

Skype: Ivy Collins and Anthony Russo

Tuesday 5:25 PM

Can you believe that Cameron and Julie spied on us?

To be fair we would have done the same thing to them.

True. So do you think that they realized they were on a date?

Ha, maybe, but I kind of doubt it.

So... Wanna go out again?

Sure, I'd like that. What do you think? I picked last time.

Skate park after school on Wednesday?

Sounds good, Ivy.

We'll just have to keep a better eye out for spies.

Just to be clear we're totally spying on them next time they go on a date, right?

Oh yeah. Big time.

So did you hear about the football game?

Yeah, I can't believe Oaks Grove beat us. They usually suck.

I know!

You're pretty cool, Ivy.

Right back at ya. :)

Skype: Romeo Cameron and Juliet Hunter.

Tuesday 5:21 PM

Julie?

Juliet?

Tuesday 5:49 PM

Juliet Hero Hunter, you're trying to avoid talking to me because I brought up a sensitive subject, didn't I? I won't ask about it further.

Tuesday 6:12 PM

Fine I'm just going to start using the pickup lines until you are so amazed you can't ignore me any longer.

Let's start off super cheesy and cliché. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? Cause you look like an angel.

If I could rearrange the alphabet I would put U and I together.

The letter X scares me... Because I never want to be yours.

You know who you look like? My future girlfriend.

Roses are red, violets are blue, I didn't know what perfect was until I met you.

Julie, I know you're reading this. You're probably smiling too. Stop torturing me like this. Please!

Okay, okay I'm here.

I knew it!

Those are some pretty bad pick up lines.

Have you fallen in love with me yet? ;)

No I don't think so. :D

Which was your favorite?

They are all super cheesy... But I would have to say the last one.

Haha noted. ;)

Oh no, the winky face is back.

You love my winky face and you know it.

You wish.