6

Chapter 6: Clock Strikes Twelve

{D. K}

The cave filled with witches was unsettling to say the least. So much power in on room made Elijah's fingers twitch. In the middle of the coven stood Sophie, her face stern as she stood as head of the coven. "Why are we here?"

"Marcel and his vampires are out of control. Something had to be done. Dakota was our own option, she was basically a gift."

"A gift that brung in more vampires." A street witch called out, a hand rested on her hip.

Sophie was quick to explain. "Not just any vampires, they're Originals."

"I hear you, but what makes you think that you can control the hybrid."

"You can't," Elijah denies from the entrance of the cave. The hoard of women moved, making an opening for him, allowing him to walk towards Sophie. "—I'm not even sure I can. But now you've gotten his attention. I have a question though. What, besides your abundance of witch power prevents him from killing you?"

Sophie walks over to a voodoo doll hanging on the wall, pulling the needle from it and poking herself in the palm of her hand hard enough to draw blood. "What the hell?" Dakota looked down at her own hand, showing the same mark on her own palm, blood on her hand. "What did you do to me?"

"The spell that Jane-Anne performed, the one that got her killed, it didn't just confirm and speed up the pregnancy. It linked me to you, Dakota. So anything that happens to me, happens to you." Sophie looked at Elijah. "Klaus may not care about his girlfriend, or his child but it's been pretty clear to me what they mean to you. If I have to hurt her to ensure that I have your attention, I will."

Elijah took a angry step forward. "You'd threaten an Original?"

"I've got nothing to lose." Her voice changed from sadness one of determination. "You have until midnight to change Klaus' mind."

       Dakota stood sternly before Elijah, her brown eyes burning in anger. "'lijah, I can help with this. Let me go in there with you."

       "Did you not hear Sophie earlier? No one is to know about this child. Marcel is not a fool, he will know and I refuse to allow you to put your life and this child's life in danger."

        The woman remained in her place, glaring at Elijah. "I can handle myself. Just come with me, I have a coven of witches protecting me and the baby and I'll be fine."