29

Chapter 29: Power in the Wrong Hands

{D. K}

"You're not safe here, sweetheart."

Dakota didn't move a muscle, but watched the hybrid before her. "What are you suggesting?"

"Go to the plantation house with Rebekah until all this is settled. For your own safety and the baby's."

There was a pause and with each passing second Klaus' heart beat quickly in his chest. "Fine."

"You'll do it? No arguments? Nothing?"

"You said it yourself. We need to ensure the baby's safety and no matter how itchy I am to help with this, I don't want to have to play damsel in distress." Klaus pulled her in close, his hands resting above her butt giving a playful squeeze. "Come back to me."

       "I promise," The kiss was sweet and they way Dakota's hands held tightly to his shirt Klaus knew she was worried that he wouldn't come home safely. "I love you."

       "I know."

       No clothes were packed, there wasn't a need for baggage. Klaus and the rest of the vampires planned on ending the war before any more shots could be fired on either side. "I expected you to put up more of a fight earlier."

        "I had no need," The brunette passively answers, not on the best of terms it's the blonde. "Defiance is your trait, not mine."

        "My ill feelings towards Klaus aren't strong enough to endanger my own niece."

        Dakota glanced back at the Mikaelson, an eyebrow raised. "Now family matters to you? Shocker."

        Monique Deveraux wasn't supposed to be apart of the plan to lure out the witches, but without her Klaus had no leverage therefore they wouldn't come out. "What a shame it would be if I were forced to send Monique back to the death she just escaped." He shouted loudly down the damn streets of the Quarter that were bare of people. In his hand, was Papa Tunde's bone knife spoken to infuse such pain that not even an Original could withstand. "Bring me the witch, Bastiana and I'll let her go."

        "Klaus," Marcel interjected, keeping a watchful eye on the girl who was under Klaus' hands but the odd thing was, she didn't look scared in the slightest. "—we don't hurt children. You know that."

        He held the blade to her throat, no true intent to use it but the threat was there. "Spare me the lecture. If you want to talk about hurting her, tell her how you had such fun killing her mother." Marcel kept quiet and Klaus continued on his hunt to find the witch. "I know she's close. The stench of witch hangs in the air."

        "We do not kill kids," In a blue, Marcel ran forward pushing Monique out of the way and fought Klaus. Marcel tried to gain the upper hand which let to a snapped neck.

        In his distracted state, Klaus was taken back when he turned to have the bone blade forced into his chest. A loud yell of pain sounded from deep in his throat as Sophie stood back to watch what she had done.

        The cursed blade sunk deeper into his chest, staining his dark blue shirt with blood. His skin stretched to accommodate the knife sliding in to the hilt.

        Klaus fell to his knees, the burning pain igniting in his chest like a fire was so painful that he'd passed out.

        A woman, old and frail with thin red hair and skin that stretched against her face laid a hand on Sophie's shoulder, her beady blue eyes locked on Klaus. "I'll take it from here."

------

Alr, I know this chapter is short but it's only because the next chapter is so long you'll want to pull your hair out. (Don't pull your hair out, you need that)

Not edited btw, I usually do but I didn't this time.

Leave lots of comments

Love you!