34

Chapter 34: Party Time

{D. K.}

"Whose idea was this again?"

Elijah stood before a mirror, his piercing gaze stuck on his refection as he adjusted his tie. "Niklaus," He admitted and even from where he stood in the middle of the mansion, he could clearly hear the pumping of the bass that took place at the party he'd thrown. It was an attempt for the different groups to get together and attempt to remain civil with one another. "As much as I hate to admit it, it seems to have been a great idea."

Dakota leaned down to put on her heels, her tight dress straining against her belly but she didn't care, she looked good and her pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from having a good time when it presented itself to her once in a blue moon. "Until they decide to wish each other to shreds."

"I thought pregnancy made people happier."

"It does," Dakota agreed. "But my aching head and inability to drink any of the expensive alcohol we purchased makes me a little less happy."

Klaus walked in, one hand holding said expensive alcohol. "Don't you look lovely, sweetheart."

"It better, this dress costed a fortune."

He placed a kiss to her lips, his hand giving her a smack on her butt. "I'll be around, sweetheart. Be careful, we have a lot of groups of supernatural here today and I'll be damned if you get hurt."

"Are you talking about the werewolves that Elijah so arrogantly invited."

The man of his word looked their way, stealing the flute of champagne from his brothers hand. "Each party deserved the chance to decide what was theres, it was only out of respect."

"Well during their stay, I want you to keep in mind they aren't the most civilized bunch."

Dakota smirked at Klaus, patting his suit clad chest before walking past him. "Now I see where you get it from."

She walked across the mansion until she walked into the large crowd of bodies, many people already slurring their speech—the liquor provided doing a marvelous job of allowing them to let loose.

Purple lights shine from above, casting a mysterious sheen over the dancing people.

"Hello, beautiful."

A hand rested itself on Dakota's arm, taking a gentle grab at her forearm causing her to look up from the large food platter and stare at it then the person it was connected to. He was handsome, a little short and his hair was quite long but still attractive.

Judging by the plaid that still seemed to find its way rested on his back, Dakota quickly deduced the man to being a werewolf. "Get your hand off of me before I cut it off."

"Feisty," He grinned, picking up a cracker with a sauce and cheese on top. "I like it."

Dakota pushed his hand off of her, sending him a nasty glare as she took a step away from him. "While I've thrown this party so we can obtain peace with one another, if you can't keep your hands to yourself I'll make sure it will no longer be necessary."

"You're Dakota?" He questioned, his scruffy beard framing his jaw and seeming to bring out his hazel eyes. They darted down to take in her large belly that he just seemed to notice. "You're the one whose carrying the hybrids miracle baby."

She seemed more guarded now, her hand held over her swollen stomach protectively. "Who are you?"

"I'm Oliver. You're boyfriend Klaus talks about you a lot."

Her brows furrowed together, never having heard of the werewolf standing before her. Klaus never mentioned him and now that she thought about it, he hadn't said anything about the werewolves since Rebekah and Elijah went to the bayou and found out they were apart of his lineage. "Excuse me?"

His dark blonde hair moved gently as he nodded, his hands greedily sampling the food before him. "He's making a deal with us."

Dakota glanced around at the room before pulling the werewolf away from the large crowd of people that could cause an uproar having heard what he said. She didn't let go of his wrist until they were upstairs and in one of Klaus' studies. "What kind of deal?"

"If you wanted me you could've just asked," He asked wolfishly, his grin spreading across his face and Dakota could suddenly tell that he'd been stuck in the bayou for too long. "All jokes aside. He wants to give us back our land but my alphas hesitant about it." Oliver spoke of the transaction so flippantly it made Dakotas hands clench at her sides, her decorative rings digging into her skin. "Klaus said he wanted to help us because we survive off loyalty and everyone else kills for their own power."

Dakota sat on the couch, a small scoff coming from her lips. "Why would he do this to Elijah and I? He had us throw this stupid party to ensure our peace and then he makes a hidden alliance with the werewolves which would cause a war for sure. This all would've been for nothing."

"Obviously you're doing this for fairness and I hate to break it to you, beautiful, but I doubt your boyfriend really gives a crap about that. My guy said that all Klaus was worried about was the safety of the land for the kid when it's born."

"She," Dakota corrected subconsciously. "When she is born."

Oliver nodded, taking the correction into consideration. Clearly by the expression on her face, Dakota was angry and very confused about the actions being taken by her significant other. "Where are you going?" He called out when she stood and started walking to the door.

"To have a talk with my boyfriend."