32

Chapter 32: Goodbye, Old Friend

{K. M}

Klaus stormed the streets of New Orleans, white oak stake in hand, not stopping his march until he reached the cemetery taken over by the witches. "Rebekah," He yelled, his voice cutting through the air.

His breath fogged, the nights chill not bothering him, but his body temperature was lit ablaze when he saw his little sister with their brother. "Rebekah," Elijah whispered, neither of them noticing Klaus. "What are you doing here?"

"Get away from her," Golden yellow eyes rimmed with inky black veins shown on the hybrids face, the only weapon useful against an Original held tightly between his fingers. "She's mine."

Elijah hissed in response, his own set of vampiric features emerging on his handsome face, his hand gripping the cursed blade that was created to cause unspeakable plain. "Walk away," He whispered to his sister, standing before her.

"Don't move," Nik lifted the stake, the wood decorated in silver that granted it immortality. "I brought this for you, sister."

"Get out of his sight and leave him to me." Elijah blocked the passageway Rebekah took to get away from her brother, but the spell placed on the cemetery to keep them put would prevent her from making it too far. "I'm asking you, brother, to leave this now."

Malice filled Klaus' voice as he raised an accusing finger to the loyal vampire. "You would protect that traitor?"

"She is our sister."

"How long do you believe you can protect her Klaus prodded. "We're stuck here in this cemetery."

Elijah held the knife up, it's blade already stained with blood that didn't belong to either of them, but Celeste's true body that was dead in her coffin. "However long it takes."

They stayed up all night, Elijah stopping Niklaus from ending the life of their only sister. It was daylight and the rage the hybrid felt was still very present.

"Niklaus, you've been at this for hours."

"And I shall go at it for more until I get what I want."

Brown eyes stared pitifully at the man. "You should see yourself, see the murderous expression on your face. The look you wear directed towards your own sibling."

"Your point, brother?"

"You look like father."

Klaus froze, his heart stopping briefly at the verbal blow sent at him. He was the man who burned down villages for his own gain but he definitely wasn't the man who beat his own child just because of a sin created by another. "I'm not him." His voice was low and soft as if he was assuring himself rather than someone else. "Rebekah betrayed me, that's why I'm angry. Mikael was a madman