35

Chapter 35: Seal the Deal

{D. K.}

        Dakota was prepared to get Klaus and have a talk with him but she'd only gotten as far as finding him before a fight had broken out downstairs.

        The crowd stood frozen, buzzed with alcohol and fearful at the sight of Elijah holding Oliver by the neck, his hand poised and ready to chop his head off while the alpha of the werewolves had a threatening grip on Diego, a stake ready to be driven into his heart. "You know, this party was thrown as a celebration of the peace in this community," Dakota's heels clacked loudly in the dead silent room, chills running up some of their back as she stepped directly in the middle of the two sets of men who were ready for blood.

        "This—" Diego closed his mouth, sentence going unfinished when she shot him a glare.

        "I should've known a fight was bound to break out and if I'm honest, I was hoping one would. So, if you all are such macho, mature men. Do it," She welcomed, her tone light and held little care. "Kill each other."

        Wide eyes stared around, trying to decipher if this woman was serious or if it was another one of the games played by the vampires. "Listen, lady."

        "Shut up, Oliver," She snapped alright figuring that the wolf would be causing a lot of trouble for her while their stay in the Quarter. "All of us in here deserve to die, each group, each individual, supernatural or not have done something worthy of death. But if you can't control your urge like you say you can—your urge to kill, you should be considered a rogue—unfit to live among civilization.

Elijah let Oliver go, a low growl slipping past his lips and she could see Diego slowly being released as well. "Dakota, I didn't—"

"I hope you all enjoyed your time, but the party's over. Everyone leave and clean up your messes while you're at it." She walked through the crowd, people parting like the red sea. Only for a moment did she pause to grab Klaus by his tie and pull him up the stairs, the hybrid sending a cheeky smile at the crowd.

Dakota didn't release him until they were upstairs in the comfort of their own room. "I'm not going to ask you," She starts, lazily kicking her heels in the closet and unzipping her dress. "I have had a long day and I'm not in the mood for a fight but if you are making decisions about out child behind my back, you've got another thing coming for you Klaus."

He set the glass filled with an expensive alcohol down, not recalling the brand but taking a liking to the woodsy taste. "You won't say anything to anyone?"

"I said don't make decisions behind my back," She corrects. "If you'd have included me, I wouldn't be so angry with you right now but if his will keep our little girl safe, do what you have to do. Whatever it takes."

"Elijah Mikaelson, I will strangle you with my bare hands."

Said man stood smugly at the bottom of the stairs, a loud electrical tool being used to pull the cement flooring. "Sorry, Princess," He teased. "Did I wake you?"

"The party didn't end until three in the morning and you decided the final agreement of the towns divided factions should be signed at four. My baby decided she wanted to play until sever and you're having construction done at ten o'clock in the morning!"

Elijah held back a laugh at the crazed look on her face, her hair was sticking up everywhere and droll had crusted on the side of her face where she'd finally fell asleep after the baby stopped moving. "You signed the agreement forms."

Dakota visible deflated and Klaus walked in behind her, picking her up and carrying her down the stairs. "I don't know what she's complaining about, I slept like a baby."

"Yeah," The brunette quipped, lifting her head up from his shoulder. "Because apparently there's a soundproof window in this mansion that I wasn't made aware of."

Bare feet touched the ground with a light smack her hands immediately darting towards the paper she saw resting on the table beside her. "What's that?"

Her eyes skimmed over the words before waving the document in the air. "Elijah agreed to letting Genevieve and her mini witch bitches a night of celebration in the Quarter." Dakota finished reading the red-headed witches handwriting and let out a hostile scoff when she realized she too would have to attend.

Klaus chuckled at her distaste under his breath, the reaction she held towards the witch amusing him more than he cared to admit. "I take it you don't like her."

"Every time she sees me, she makes it her obligation to tell me how lucky I am to have your baby when really, it's the other way around. You're lucky you even had the chance in these pants because two years ago, I was trying to go on a romantic killing trip with Elijah."

Both siblings exchanged a look, Klaus seeming to dislike the thought of Dakota with his brother. "Then maybe I should do something to ensure my sincerest gratitude."

Dakota nods eagerly, sitting on the table and crossing her legs, her back straight and head held high with closed as she waited for him to shower her with compliments. "Like what?"

Niklaus Mikaelson reached into his pocket and pulled out a velvet black box and by time Dakota finally looked down to face him, he was on one knee. "Marry me."

While this chapter is well overdo and very unedited, I hope that this cliffhanger is enough to tie you through into next week? My updating schedule will be a little wacky seeing as though I'm a junior in high school and I have a shit ton of homework to do, but as my tribute to you, I will be dedicating the next chapter to the reader who sends me the best comment of this chapter. Their name will come up in the story and used as a character while it won't be a main character, they will pop up.

So get your comment on people.

Love Cece