53

This chapter is dedicated to @zewena_ray just because she commented on my description of "chocolate colored hands" a little while ago and asked why I didn't put mayo colored hands in a chapter, so since I stay true to my word and I lowkey wanted a challenge. Mayo colored hands it is.

Chapter 53: Bound Together By Sin

{E. M}

Elijah woke with a startled gasp, his arms bound above him. Using all of his strength, he tugged on the chains but they didn't even budge. "Have you forgotten where you are?" Esther strolled in questioning her son immediately. "Save your strength, my chains don't break so easily." She raised a cup of tea to her lips. "Are you having sweet dreams?"

Pushing his body forward, Elijah snarled at her. "Get out of my head."

Esther gave a taunting laugh. "I'm not in your head, you were screaming. But, you should gather yourself, we have much to discuss."

"Let me go, I have nothing to say to you."

"You're not going anywhere until I've said my piece."

"So speak."

"I want you to re-join our family," Esther proclaimed. "– but as a witch. You can leave behind the savage vampire you've become and revert to something more pure. You can be happy as a moral, starting over as a family."

Without hesitation, Elijah replied. "You do know you're entirely demented, don't you?"

"Am I?" Esther put down her cup. "I Think you are scared to take me up on my offer because all you are now is a man being eaten away by your demons, but you are trying to hide it behind the moral son facade."

"You know nothing."

"I know more about the secret you carry then you do. I know about the sweet young widow caught your eye as a human. She was the first girl to ever steal your heart." Elijah glared at his mother, dirt and sweat clinging to his skin, mayo colored hands tingling as the chains effectively cut off blood supply. "She was of mystical blood, the doppelgänger Tatia."

Elijah skin boiled at the sound of the woman's name that had changed everything for him. "I did nothing but love that woman until the day you took her life."

The woman kissed her teeth. "You believe that, but you want to know the real truth?" Without even saying a spell, the memory was flashed behind Elijah's eyes. "It was samhain, when we killed the beast of our livestock to appease the gods for the new season. Everyone envied her, wanted her, but she only had eyes for one, you." The memory of Tatia vanished from Elijah's eyes with a simple blow of a candle flame. "But it didn't end there, happiness always comes first before someone's downfall."

Still bound by chains, Elijah looked at his mother with malice in his eyes. "A downfall that you caused when you drain her body of of blood."

Esther's eyes shut her head hanging, the body she'd been inhabited looking sad. "Your memory perceives you, Elijah. Don't worry, I'll fix that for you."

"Dakota," Klaus' sharp voice addressed through the phone. "Where is Elijah?"

Over the line, Dakota's face scrunched up, her and Marcel had been trekking the kids through the bayou, a job she was forced into doing. "I don't know, he and Oliver we're fighting off your mothers reinforcements last I checked, why?"

"Davina got hurt trying to control Mikael and her little boyfriend just so happens to be Kol. Not to mention, Camille was here five minutes ago with the stake and now she isn't."

"Mikael?"

"No doubt, you sense my urgency?"

A scoff came from the brunettes mouth. "I sense your attitude, I'll be there soon." She ended the call with a reciting click. "You good here?"

Marcel sniggered, the situation a level of complicated only a Mikaelson could achieve. "Better than you."

Turning in the opposite direction, she rolled her eyes. "Shut up."

Decota took longer than she expected to make it to the stupid little wooden house stuck in the middle of the woods. "Look who it is," Kaleb, the boy who'd bumped into her a few days prior. "Don't you look—" The dirty blondes blue eyes glanced down at her hand. "Married?"

Dakota subconsciously turned her ring around between her fingers showing off the shiny diamond. "Engaged, not that it's any of your business, Kol."

The laugh passed through unfamiliar lips, but it was exactly the same. "Just as hostile as I remember, but technically it is my business since you're going to be joining my family soon."

She was meant to respond, but suddenly it became clear to her that someone was missing. "Where is he? Where is Klaus?"

Kol sucked in a deep breath, faking thought with crossed arms. "He left, that pretty little blonde was taken by Mikael and you know Niklaus always has to have his way."

"Mikael has the stake."

"Bye, bye brother."

With eyes wide in horror, Dakota ran into the woods, stopping here and there when she caught a scent, blood. Her movements were faster, pushing through tree branches until she met a split in the way.

Bodies laid everywhere, Klaus standing in the middle. "I'm going to kill you, "Dakota jumped in his arms holding him tighter than she knew possible. "I saw the blood and I thought he'd killed you."

"Don't worry," He gently soothed her. "I haven't found them yet, but when I do I won't be the one to die."