61

Chapter 61: Unusual and Cruel Punishment

{D. K.}

Dakota and Klaus walked into the room of their mansion where Davina and Kol were sitting, flirting with one another before a pile of food, the sight of the duo making Dakota's stomach churn at the unbearable corniness of it all. Grapes and cheese, bread and a glass of wine was sat before them making her feel if anyone deserve a glass of wine, it was her. "Davina, get out we have to talk to Kol."

"Manners are a thing, you know," She sassed the vampire, her lips pursed and eyes sharp with distaste for the older woman but it didn't phase Dakota in the slightest. "For someone so damn old I would've thought you knew how to use them."

"I know how to use my hands, want to see them wrap around your neck?"

Davina huffed out a sigh, a slew of profanities passing her mouth but Dakota didn't care enough to listen to them. "Cami's being used as apart of your mothers plan and seeing as thought I'm very aware that you have no part in that, I still need to know what the hell it is."

        "What's it look like?"

        "She's got little holes all down her spine, like someone put a needle through her or something, spikes maybe? I don't know, but clearly it has something to do with your mother, like everything else has been as of late."

        Kol leaned forward on the couch, his hands intertwined with one another after rubbing the doughy residue from them. "Sounds like she's being prepared for a body jumping spell, someone will be harboring her soon."

        Klaus' brows furrowed, his hands filled with grapes on a vine. "Why would she need another body? What is wrong with the one she has?"

        "Not her, Rebekah. Can't you tell? She's searching for her daughter, Cami's blonde, Bekah's blonde, Cami has Marcel and Bekah's always loved him. Come on, read between the lines here." Dakota's ability to handle what was going on in New Orleans was beginning to dwindle to nearly nothing, her nerves fried and hands itchy to kill anyone who dared even glancing at her the wrong way. "And since your mother couldn't confide in you, the only other person she would've told to do this ritual would be Finn."

          "Speaking of which, where is our self-sacrificing older brother?"

          "Not as comfortable as you are," Klaus retorts over a mouthful of bread.

          Kol watched his brother differently than before, less hateful and more interested, more eager to learn about him. What he liked to do, where his favorite place to go was, Kol was like a small child discovering candy for the first time around his older brother and he felt so small compared to him but it wasn't unpleasant anymore—it felt like he was finally getting something he'd never received. "Mother will be coming for us soon, we'll not me but Finn. I doubt she could care very much where I landed up."

         "A mother cares for her children," Klaus admits, one hand subconsciously reaching over to rest on Dakota's thigh, his thumb rubbing gentle circles into her skin. "A monster does not, once you start addressing her as the latter you'll stop expecting the former and the disappointment and anger you feel towards her will disappear." Klaus took in a deep breath. "And just so you know, when you died, I did mourn you and I made an attempt to avenge you, I swear it. We are brothers at the end of the day, always and forever."

         The tears the formed in the younger Mikaelson's eyes were unmistakable but he blinked them away quickly when a phone rang, it's shrill calls for attention breaking the moment the brothers were sharing. "Sorry," Dakota stops from her seat and left the room to answer it. "You haven't answered any of my messages all day, Rebekah."

       "Somethings wrong with Elijah, he came here to take me and the baby to a safer location and slaughtered a dozen people who's only sin was their inability to make a decent plate of food."

       "Why would he kill them when he could just compel them?"

       Dakota could basically hear the shrug Rebekah gave through the phone. "I'm not sure but this is exactly the type of acts that would draw my mothers attention."

       The brunette vampire ran her fingers through her hair, she tried to clear her head and think of a safe place. "I'm going to send you an address, go there now."

       Walking down the stairs, Dakota pushed a set of double doors opened to reveal a still bound-to-the-staircase Finn, blood staining his white dress shirt. "I realize that your brother promised your safety while staying here and I suppose I can respect that by not killing you but I just cannot seem to find it in myself to allow you to just be here as comfortably as you seem to be so let's liven it up a bit shall we?" A coffin was rolled into the room, Marcel opening it and showing the pillow and blanket inside of it. "This seems a tad better, don't you think?" Dakota ignored Finn's loud screams of protest as she lifted his body easily and throwing him into it. "Don't worry, there are air holes so you can breathe, very very small ones." She slammed the lid atop of him and locked with her bare hands, forcing the chains to remain closed. 

       Frantic steps could be heard, chasing behind her as she left the room, her mind set on leaving the mansion. "Sweetheart, where are you going?"

       "You mean where are we going?" She retorts not even looking back at him, simply pulling a set of car keys from her jacket pocket. "We're going to see our daughter."