58

Chapter 58: Mend My Broken Heart

{D. K}

Torture was something Dakota King was good at, which is why she couldn't believe she was sitting at the dinner table with the two shackled brothers not doing what she was good at. "Don't look so disappointed, darling."

        She rolled her eyes at Kol, her hands clenched in fists on her thighs. "Don't tempt me, just because your brother asked me not to kill you doesn't mean I'll actually listen."

"That so?" He challenged, quirking a brow in her direction. "I beg to differ."

It took all of her strength not to reach across the table and strangle him until he stopped living but she was held back by the calming hand of he fiancé. "That won't be the only think you'll be begging for if you keep talking to me."

"Settle down," Klaus rounded, clapping his hands in the air. He was dressed in his usual dark attire, his top covered by a thin dark cotton henley. "We aren't here to quarrel, we're here to talk. I am proposing a deal, you and Finn have been following mother around doing her dirty deeds and I'd like you both to do that, but with me instead."

        Looks were thrown all across the table, a scoff passing the other males lips. "Are you joking?" Finn quips, his hands still clamped before them. "What makes you think we'd follow you after you daggered us multiple times."

        "And what's to say we do something you don't like, are you going to just dagger us again until we become convenient for you?"

        Klaus pursed his lips, his playful blue eyes taking the harsh jabs much better than expected. "No, that's not what I want. I'd like for us to get to know each other better, like old times."

       "Well, you're a thousand years too late and if you want this so badly Niklaus, where's our darling little sister?"

       Dakota tensed at the mention of the blonde that was currently watching her child, protecting her until she could herself.

       "Rebekah is off limits to you," Elijah retorted through gritted teeth, a butter knife being pointed in Finn's direction. "If you pursue her I will kill you, I don't care what my brother wants."

       "That's too late," Kol adds, a taunting smirk on his handsome face, but deep inside he was curious. There was a reason why Elijah was blowing up at the thought of bringing Rebekah into the mix. "Our mother already has started trying to find her, it'll only be a matter of time before we find her."

      "I have feeling she'll be much easier to persuade," Finn gave his brother a look that held a mischievous glint in his dark brown eyes. "Rebekah always did cling to the thought of her humanity, when mother offers her humanity and a family, poor Rebekah won't be able to resist."