Authors Note

I'm pissed, like beyond pissed

I'm pissed, like beyond pissed. Don't comment on my story saying , "Oh Dakota's just going to be a Hayley 2.0". Dakota King is a badass and one of my favorite characters to write, but she's human and she's pregnant and Klaus is being a dick of obviously it's going to take a second for her to realize she's not exactly at the top of the food chain anymore. She can't be as outspoken and kicking ass like she usually does because she's human and she can die, she's pregnant and if she pushes someone a bit too hard they could hurt the baby.

Dakota King is a badass and she will be showing up in the next upcoming chapters, so don't say you've lost your love for this book, she's going through a major adjustment and has to situate herself again but trust and believe the Dakota we all know and love will come back. She just needs time to adapt to this new environment. I know damn well that if I was a nine hundred year old kickass vampire and suddenly I was human and vulnerable I wouldn't be going off into a town known for setting people in their place telling everyone else what to do.

Goddammit people, give me a chance to mold Dakota into a person she's never been before, she's not Hayley and she never will be, but she is going to change and even with that change, my character will be a badass. I'm insulted you'd think that I'd just throw Dakota into a storyline and treat her like she's an ordinary person, because she's not, she's fucking spectacular and you guys need to give me a chance to show you how spectacular she can be. I'll prove to you that I'll make Dakota King better than the Dakota you knew in Vulnerable.

Now, I have to go back to writing about my badass, former vampire mother.

Have a good day.

-Cece