46

Chapter 46: Killin' the Game

{D. K}

        This was the part of vampirism that Dakota missed, not the speed or the bloodlust or even the rest of eternity she had to live without aging a day. But this, the kill, the feeling of taking someone's final breath, their life literally being held in her hands, just the thought of it made her close her eyes in bliss.

        For the Mikaelsons, the plan went smoothly, a predicted a group of wolves went for Marcel, his months of collecting ample amounts of wolfsbane becoming useful as he killed them all, cutting off the hands of men wearing the rings. With each dead wolf, a rings power faded and Klaus' strength returned.

        Elijah and Dakota knew that their own group of wolves would come to the mansion, all eight that were killed effortlessly between the two, more and more of the moonlight rings being retrieved. A final nod was exchanged between the soon-to-be brother and sister-in-law before Dakota left to go to Francesca's.

        Four suited men walked out of the large home to see Dakota standing there, her hand holding a freshly picked rose. "Hey, boys. Mind lending me a hand?" The first two that came to here died in seconds, ones head being sliced in half while the other's heart was dismembered from his body. Taking her time with the next one, Dakota dug her thumbs into his eyes pressing hard until she head his skull crack, brains spilling out from his eyes and nose. The final wolf was tall, his long hair pulled back into a low bun, she grabbed him by his shoulders, his hands held tightly behind his back while she admired his face for a moment. "Aren't you such a handsome thing," Her nose ran along his neck, inhaling his manly scent before she sunk her teeth into his neck not stopping until his body was dry.

        "It's fine," Francesca assured her brothers who guarded her inside of her home. "She can't come in, I haven't invited her."

        Dakota laughed aloud, blood staining her face, dripping all down her chin and neck. "I've been doing my research on you and this town and I learned something particularly interesting about this home. It's a landmark of some sorts," Fear slowly started creeping in Francesca's eye, her confidence draining as she realized where the vampire was going with her speech. "The deed of this home isn't in you name, it's open to the public, meaning I don't need your permission." One black heeled boot entered the home, followed by the other until she stood calmly inside the gorgeous home. "I already have it."

        All four Guerra brothers fought valiantly while their sister snuck away, racing to the first car parked and driving off. Finishing up quickly, Dakota followed behind her, making her think she wasn't there. The wolf stopped her car after a moment, her car tired running over something on the vacant road that no one drove this late at night. "I always did like playing with my food," Francesca jumped up, her brown eyes wide as she screamed.

       Dakota held her tightly by her hair, nails digging uncomfortably in her scalp, even the slightest movement bringing significant amounts of pain to the woman's head. "Please," She begged, her hands around Dakota's wrist as she pleaded for her life. "I'm sorry, I'll do anything Dakota please don't do this."

       Long fingernails trailed across Francesca's face, her muscles stiff as she anticipated the vampires next moves. "Anything?"

       "Yes," She replies instantly, her voice shaky as she cried loudly. "Anything you want."

       "I want you to burn in hell." Dakota's nails embedded themselves in Francesca's skin, one swift tug being all that was needed to pull the skin off leaving muscles and the ivory white bone. Her screams of pain were so loud it made Dakota's ears ring but she didn't care, she proceeded torturing the woman, pulling off limbs and ripping tufts of her hair out before finishing the deal and lighting her body of fire.

        Klaus was there when Dakota returned, her clothes covered in blood and smelling strongly of smoke. His arms were open for her, allowing his woman to come into the safety and comforts of his chest. She held onto him tightly, her face burying itself in his neck as she shook. Killing was a favorite pastime of hers and usually afterwards it sent a pleasurable adrenaline rush through her body, but this was different. Dakota killed the wolves looking for a wound to be healed, the loss of her child was why she killed but now matter how much blood she shed it didn't make her feel better.

        "I want my baby back," She let a tear fall, her face being hidden in safety as she allowed herself to be vulnerable in the arms of the man she loved. "I want to hold her and watch her grow."

        "I know," Klaus ran his fingers through her hair, his chin resting on top of her head. "I'm so sorry," He whispers to her. "This is my fault. My greed, my desire to become a King has robbed us of the opportunity to raise our child. I love you Dakota and I will the rest of our eternity together trying to make it up to you."

        They held each other tighter, cried a moment longer before pulling away, sucking in their tears and putting their armor back on. "I don't hold it against you. You've grown, changed and became a better man and I could never hold that against you." Pressing a loving kiss to his lips, she gave him a smile. "I love you Klaus, I always have and I always will."

        "This is our home," He declares, completely serious and determined to make the home they had built for his family to be safe. "—and I will kill every damn person if thats what it takes to see our Hope again. I give you my word."