Chapter 4

The day passed by fast as Silverpaw was escorted back inside by Max and waved farewell to Jena and Berry with her tail. Silverpaw alone limped back to her soft boulder alone sighing in relief at the pain that subsided with every pawstep she took. She stared out the curtains looking longingly out the window toward the small group of trees in the far distance. Just how long would she stay here and do nothing but stare out a window and long to be back home where the smell of undergrowth lays? She let out a sigh and placed her head on her paws shutting her eyes waiting for sleep to claim her. But it never came as she heard a noise and her ears twitched alerted. She looked behind her and saw rustling of a creature through the darkness. She could make out the small figure of a kit moving toward her "Spot? Rex?" She asked in a hush voice. Spot stepped out of the darkness and into the open moonlight . She tilted her head in confusions as the kit came up to the soft boulder "Why aren't you sleeping?" She asked. The kit hopped onto the boulder and laid down next to her where there pelts were brushing. "I couldn't sleep" he said simply "Rex keeps kicking me". Silverpaw let out a small Mmrow of laughter "And you thought that if you came here where you have more space you could sleep?" She asked. But Spots shook his head "No I just thought that maybe you could use some company" The kit said his tail twitching. The room turned silent for a moment before Spots asked "What's it like in a Clan?". Silverpaw pondered on his question for a moment before answering "Well we have four Clans and each are different" She started but was interrupted by the young tom "Four?" He asked tilting his head. Silverpaw nodded "Yep there's us Darkclan, there's Fireclan that is known for hunting in pines and little bit in the oak trees, Rainclan that is known for fishing and a little hunting in the pines and oaks too, and finally Iceclan which lives and hunts in the moorlands and open plains. Not counting Starclan of course" She told the kit. The kit eyes were wide with amazement "What's Starclan?" He asked. "Starclan is where cats go when they die so they are our warrior ancestors that watch over us" She said slightly snuggling into the soft boulder. "Me and Rex are half Darkclan cats so do Starclan watch over us?" He asked a bit worried. Silverpaw pushed the kits closer to her with her tail so they were laying side by side "Of course Starclan watches over all of its cats" she said gently. Spots snuggled in to her fur inhaling the exhaling his face changed in to a determined one. "Silver?" He asked starting to curl up in a ball. "Yes Spots?" She asked putting her head back on her paws. "When i'm older I wanna be a Darkclan warrior too" he declared looking Silverpaw in the eyes. She reflected his look with a look of amusement "And I bet you will be a great warrior Spots" she mewed. Spots eyes closed as his breathing slowed down and soft snoring came from the kit. 'In the clan Spots can't be a warrior name and they will change it....' She thought as she slowly shut her eyes 'Maybe I can suggest a name.... Boulderkit' She thought at last. 'For his courage and strength he is destined to have in him' She thought and fell asleep with that.