Chapter 7

Silverpaw hadn't noticed when she fell asleep outside after talking with Crystal until she felt a paw prod at her shoulder. She opened one eye and saw Max beside her "Yes?" She said drowsy. "Come on get up" he said prodding her again. She opened her other eye and started to get to her paws "Where are we going?" She asked getting up stretching a little. "To get that cast off" he said simply then nudged her toward the door. "The twolegs really gonna take it off?" She asked in confusion stopping in front of the cat door. He nodded "Yep unless you don't want to get back to your clanmates sooner and you would prefer staying here" he said back. She hurried through the door until she was a few pawsteps away from it. Max followed behind her with a look of knowing and lead her to the giant soft boulder where his twoleg sat. The twoleg was a creature named Mary who which also had another younger twoleg called John who came around twice every few sunrises. Mary had more wrinkles than Rosepelt and much more Silver fur than her on its head. Max hopped on to the Soft boulder where it proceeded to scratch at his chin then behind his ears. After a moment it noticed Silverpaw sitting there watching them then got up from it spot and bounded over to her. Silverpaws neck fur rose and she hissed at the Twoleg. She could see Max still perched on the silver boulder shooting her a calm glance. She hesitantly stopped her hissing and let her neck fur go flat. The twoleg picked her up so she was off the ground and carried her over to the soft boulder. She laid on the Twoleg felling its paws go through her fur. She let out a small purr as the twolegs hands went from her back to scratching her chin. It continued this motion for a moment then rested its paws on the cast on her leg. It seemed to fidget with it before it actually sank its claws in it and yanked it off. Silverpaw let out a sigh of relief at finally feeling the weight lifted off her leg. The twoleg started to fidget again with something else with her leg then stopped. She looked back and saw her leg with a deep scar along it. She flinched a bit looking at it feeling the twoleg run its paws lightly against it. The twoleg then applied something to her leg that made her yelp in pain for a second. Whatever the twoleg put on her wound smelled foul to her and Max. The twoleg gently laid her down on the soft boulder before padding quietly in to another part of the nest. "That doesn't look to good" Max said sympathetically padding up to her and leaned to her back hind leg giving it a small sniff. He wrinkled up his nose as if he smelled fox dung "That stuff truly is foul" he complained. Silverpaw nodded in agreement feeling the urge to gag but doesn't. He gently ran his tail across her leg while she flinched at the touch. "Its still sensitive from having that cast and bandages wrapped around it" Max declared. "Well try moving forward" he asked her. Silverpaw moved forward one step then felt her leg shake but stayed up. "Well you can walk somewhat so it will be easy to get done" he thought out loud. Silverpaw tilted her head "Easy to get what done?" She asked. "Easy to teach you how to swim" he said plainly.