Chapter 25

Another moon flashed as quickly as it came. It eventually came to the moon where she was to meet Bearpaw at the pool at the head of the mountaina and she wasn't so sure about it honestly. Besides she has been watched like a piece of prey in the opening whenever she left the camp. They tried their best to hide, but among the charred forest, their sent stuck out like thorns in a rose bush. She some how was able to sneak out undetected while the moon was at its highest and the others slept after a hard day of rebuilding the camp. Of course it wasn't done yet nor easy but the tree was removed and nursery was rebuilt. Though their was one thing she couldn't shake, that stung to her side like a prickly thorn. After the encounter in the rain, she couldn't seem to talk to Sparrowpaw at all. Like he was going out of his way to ignore her. She was going to join his hunting patrol, but he said he would be needed better at rebuilding. And anytime she joined anything he was in, he would do something else. She was slowly starting to get use to the small crush she might of had on the tom, but it honestly hurt her that he would go out of his way to ignore her all of a sudden. He even seemed rather interested in whatever Spiritpaw was doing all day. She couldn't help a small pinge of betrayal at the thought of him with his sister that way. But she would love her sister nonetheless, even if that was the case. Her tail seemed to droop gloomily behind her, as she paded to the meeting place, that she honestly wasn't in the mood to deal with. She padded among the river that shined with silver pelt in it's reflection. She sighed as she stopped and starred at her reflection seeing the scar shows as clear as the moon. Maybe he just didn't like her because of the scar. Or maybe because of her leaving without saying anything. Either way he was a clanmate and tomorrow she would question him on it, the last thing she wanted was to no longer at least be friends. She felt a small thump in her chest at the future she had conjured up back at the twolegs nest. She dragged her pads among the forest floor deciding that it was best if she thought about this tomorrow. After a few moments she finally made it to the meeting place and just in time. She saw a slick black pelt hop onto one of the boulders pressed securely against the mountain. Once he had turned he was greeted with intense green eyes, with ready yellow eyes to hold the stare. "So you didn't bail? Kinda surprised." He mewed with a mocking smirk.