Chapter 13

Everyone grew silent as the cats padded along the fences. Silverpaw stared at the sky as they continue padding through the kittypet territory. She didn't know why she felt so sad for leaving. If it had been her sister she would be bouncing up and down in happiness. And Foxpaw would be relieved to go home. No doubt she was happy to go home and bring back new additions to the clan but some nagging feeling made her feel bad about leaving. Maybe guilt? Her thoughts were interrupted by a paw prodding her. She looked down and saw Spot beside her "Yes Spot?". "Boulderkit" he corrected her. She tilted her head a bit as the tom continued "That's my name now.." he said then added "Mama and papa likes the name and so do I..." he seemed a bit embarrassed at first looking at the ground then at her. "Right then.... what is it Boulderkit?" She asked. His look changed to a curious one "What's the camp like?". Silverpaw pondered on the question for a second. She was sure she told him and his brother about what the clan was like and what it look like but maybe he wanted some kinda of reassurance to make him feel better. "Well its usually full of cats like warriors, apprentices, elders, queens, the deputy, kits, and the leader" she explained looking at the nests as they passed by it the sun finally was shining above. Boulderkit tilted his head as they continued "Their will be other kits besides us?" He asked. Silverpaw nodded "Of course their is. We have about 4 other kits. Greyflowers litter Snowkit, Ashkit, and the smallest Ravenkit. And a rogue named Fang who we let in who has a kit named Rabbitkit who looks around your age." The toms head tilted a bit more "Wait you let a rogue join the clan?" He asked with wide eyes. Silverpaws tail twitched for a second "Not exactly... I don't know if she actually will let Fang in or not but Spottedstar is kind and wouldn't leave a cat and her kit to suffer". Silverpaw saw boulderkits eyes light up a bit "She sounds kind" he said. "She really does!" Cougarkit put in falling back from beside his father to beside his brother. "Its cause she is" Max said obviously listening in on them along with the smaller tom. A question popped in Silverpaws head "Hey Max?" She asked padding a bit forward so she was beside him. His ears twitched as she continued "How do you know about this route?" She asked trying her best to keep from mentioning the toms blind eyes. But he seemed to know starting to chuckle "Come now I may be blind but not completely useless". Silverpaws eyes widened "N-No I didn't mean it like that" she started but he cut her off. "Calm down now I know I know. But anyways the route is pretty simple to follow is what I really mean. When my mother took me and.... my sister to the forest she took this route. I started to get use to the way from my many visits I secretly did sometimes to visit her and our father." Silverpaw nodded "I see" she started thinking about something. 'I don't even know who their father is..'. Max stopped causing the rest of the small group to copy him. "Why are we stopping?" Silverpaw asked. "Because were heading up their he said pointing a paw to a wide yet narrow stone fence. Cougarkit tilted his lead looking at his father "How come?". "Because its safer than walking around on the ground" he said quickly turning around picking up Boulderkit by the scruff signaling Silverpaw to do the same with Cougarkit with his tail. Silverpaw quickly picked up Cougarkit who let out a small yelp like his brother. Max quickly hopped on to the Silver boulder that had been laying against the wall and used it to jump on to the narrow path. Silverpaw followed suit but paused when hearing a loud bark behind her. She slowly looked over her shoulder to see a dog twice her size behind her slowly padding toward her revealing its sharp yellow teeth and glowing yellow eyes filled with blood lust. Silverpaw filled with fear stayed still finally snapping out of her trance hearing her name being called "Silverpaw!" Max whisper yelled. She looked back over at Max seeing an urgent look in his eyes. He beckoned with his tail for her to come. She let out a deep breath and quickly hurled herself to the Silver boulder making the dog spring in action leaping for the boulder as well. Silverpaw landed on top of the boulder about to leap again for the wall with the kit dangling from her jaw but stopped when the dog collided with the boulder causing it to wobble. Silverpaw then heard a growl as the dog got to its paws standing on its hind paws putting its front paws on the boulder stopping the wobbling. Before the dog could even try to bite at the 2 cats Silverpaw unsheathed her claws and slashed at the dogs face causing it to let out a painful yelp and which was enough time for Silverpaw to lauch herself on to the wall where Max and Boulderkit were their to help them up. Max then quickly picked Boulderkit back up and darted down the path with Silverpaw at his heels. The pair continued darting until they passed a couple of nests and max jumped down from the wall into an empty nest. Silverpaw followed hesitantly behind him.