Bad Boy Love ~ Part 41

We drive up to Kat's sister house. Her name is Rachel, and she is s Sophomore at our town university.

I help Zach out of the car. He picks up Kat in both of his arms and begins walking up to the front door of the small rental house.

I knock on the door, and hear rustling behind the shutters.

"Oh my God," I hear Rachel say as she looks through the glass of her window. "Kat!"

The door swings open as she looks at all of us.

"Is everyone okay?" She says while examining all of us.

I nod. "Kinda. It's a long story," I say as we walk into the living room. I tell Rachel the full story of what happened. What happened to Kat, what I did to Jake, and what Jake did to Zach.

There were a lot of tears and gasps. But Rachel knew the high school scene. She knows how fucked up it is. Rachel hugged Kat as we all sat in the living room. I cried as Kat told the story.

After that, Rachel called the police to shut down the party. She said it was getting out of control. She also told the cops what happened to Kat, but they said that there was nothing that they could do about it.

Fuckers.

We put Kat to bed, and helped Zach clean his cuts. Zach sat for a while until he sobered up a bit more, and then he drove home.

Rachel and I sit in the living room. It's 3:00 am.

"Maya, you need to call Jake," Rachel says.

I curl my legs up to my chest and nod. "I know. It's all my fault. Everything that happened was my fault. If I hadn't kissed Zach, none of this would have happened." I rest my head on my knees and look around the room.

I changed into a pair of Rachel's leggings and a sweatshirt. She also gave me a pair of fuzzy socks because I mean, fuzzy socks are amazing.

"You need to make this right. He really cares about you," Rachel says as she glances at the clock.

"Do you know where he is?" She asks. I shrug.

"Probably still at the party," I say. I wonder if the cops had broken it up yet.

The cup of lemon tea that Rachel had made for me sits on the coffee table. Steam slowly curls off of the surface.

"Should I go try to find him?" I ask. She takes her glasses off and sets them on the table.

"It's really late. And their are a lot of drunk people on the road. I don't want you to get hurt," Rachel says as the clock slowly ticks in the background. Seconds that are being wasted just sitting here.

"Please, Rachel. I need to see him. I need to make this right," I say as I stand up. "He needs to know that I'm not the victim. He is. And that I fucked up. Really bad." I say as I slip on a pair on white converse. My maroon fuzzy socks make the shoes seem so small.

I grab Rachel's keys off the hook. "Can I please go?" I ask again. My hand touches the cold metal of the door knob.

"Fine," she huffs. "Just be careful. And if you aren't back by five, I'm calling the cops to look for you."

"I'll be back as soon as I can. I just need to tell him this."

...

I drive up to the party. The cops haven't showed up yet. Music still blares, and kids are still puking.

I have a short amount of time to find him before the cops show up.