Bad Boy Love~ Part 27

Maya's P.O.V.

"Jake it doesn't actually hurt that bad," I said to him while examining the shallow bite in ny arm.

He looked at me and relief washed through his eyes.

"Thank God," he exclaims while burying his face in his hands. He reaches up and pulls on his hair before running his hands through it. He looks up at me with a slight smirk.

"What?" I question while standing up and brushing the dirt off of me.

"Why in hell did you poke a snake?" he bursts out laughing.

"Oh, shut up!" I say and my cheeks flush. I push his shoulder back in a playful way.

"Let's go. We don't want to miss Greg," he says while walking off into the fog.

I start to walk towards the direction I saw him go in, but I don't find him. I turn around and around and around, but I can't find him.

"Jake!" I call out while walking in a certain direction.

"Maya?" he yells back.

"Where are you?" I laugh.

"I don't know! Follow my voice," he says and I pad towards where I heard him speak.

"Jake?" I ask loudly while whirling around.

"Boo."

I can't help but scream as he grabs my arms and pulls me back, so I can't run away and hurt myself by bumping into something.

"You scared me, you little snot!" I say and try to act mad.

"All I said was boo," he shrugs.

I start to walk away from him before he grabs my arms again.

"The car is that way," he says and points behind me.

"Oh."

...

When we get back to the car, we flag Greg down and he puts oil in my car. I can tell he thinks I am stupid. I am stupid. How did I not think that cars need proper care?

We drive back to Jake's house in silence. The low volume of some punk rock band flows through the speakers.

The awkward silence is think and I don't know what to do. He obviously doesn't care about talking to me.

"How is the bite holding up?" he says. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. Thank God for that awkward silence ending.

"It's fine," I say while examining the small bite again. It stopped bleeding a while ago and I don't feel any pain from it anymore.

"Good," he states plainly.

Back to awkward silence. Great.

"I wonder how Ryan is feeling right now," he chuckles. A sharp sting hits my heart and I can't help but let out a silent whimper. Jake didn't hear me make the sound based off of sadness.

"Yeah," I shakily breath out.

"Are you okay?" he asks while we turn onto the freeway.

"I'm fine," I state.

"No, you're not."

"Jake, I'm fine," I snap with a clenched jaw. I really don't want to talk about Ryan right now.

He goes silent.

"Just cause Ryan doesn't want you anymore doesn't mean you have to be a bitch," he mutters.