Bad Boy Love ~ Part 23

"What?" I asked angrily.

"You're hot when your angry," he exclaimed with a boyish smirk. He rattled a piece of metal and wiped grease off onto his jeans. He wore denim jeans and a black Vans sweatshirt. He had solid black on black converse with dust all over them because of the dirt.

"Do you want to be slapped?" I slurred while stumbling closer to him.

"If that makes you angry, then yes please," he teased me.

I gave him a glare and then went to get back in the car. I was freezing my butt off. I love Winter, but I don't like being cold. The day my mom left for China to go on a 'business' trip, Christmas break started. My mom had already given my presents to Carrie so that I could open them on the day of Christmas.

I stomped over to the car and yanked on the handle. The door didn't open.

I pulled on it another time, but it still stayed closed.

"Open the car," I complained to Jake.

The clanging of metal was all I heard back from Jake. Ugh, men are so difficult.

"JAKE!" I screamed at him.

"Oh my God! What do you want woman?" he asked in frustration, finally looking me in the eye.

"I. Am. Cold," I said with pauses between my words, "Unlock. My. Car. Now," I complained.

"You have the keys, are you really that drunk?" he retorted.

Am I really that drunk? I questioned myself. I don't think I'm that drunk...

I peered into the closed car and there were the keys, still in the ignition. We were locked out, together, alone. That's a recipe for disaster, folks!

"They are still in the car," I said as all the blood rushed to my feet. My stomach did a flip and my heart dropped to my large intestine. Are you kidding me?

"What?" he said and stopped working on the car. He walked over to me a looked in through the locked car.

"Do you have cell service?" I asked hopefully.

"Let me check," he said as he pulled his phone from his pocket. He face went white, "No."

"What are we going to do?" I asked in panic.

"Calm down, calm down," he comforted, "We can't walk to the main road, cause that will easily be an hour by foot and then another two hours to actually get to a main town and by that time it will be sunny," he said as he paced back and forth in deep thought. "If we go back up to the house, that would also be an hour by foot and there is a good chance we could be mauled by bears either way," he said trying to sound calm, but there was a slight bit of worry in his voice that sent me through the roof.

"We better make up our mind soon or else I'm going to freeze to death," I complained. It isn't good to have me worried, drunk, hungry, tired, and cold at the same time. I immediately thought of Ryan. How he used to hold me tight when I was cold, cook dinner with me in the kitchen as we danced to certain music.

It was like a blink of the eye, and there I was in that memory again.

I was in 7th grade and so was Ryan. I was putting my books into my locker and Jennifer walked up to me. She pushed the books out of my hand and all of my things went flying everywhere.

"Oops," she giggled as her and her group of followers strutted away.

Jennifer had always bullied me growing up, and I didn't do anything about it. I couldn't do anything about it. Jennifer was my sister. She wasn't really my blood sister, but my mother remarried a man named Thorton, and Jennifer was his daughter. Thorton and my mom divorced after three years of being together. Jennifer always thought she was better than me. Always gossiped about me, spread rumors about me, and bullied me. She ruined junior high for me. She was also Tracy's best friend. So they made a great team. Jennifer thought that she could boss me around just because I was a year younger than she was.

I began to pick up my books and papers that went flying everywhere. A breeze picked up and one particular piece of paper that was my deepest kept secret went flying through the halls. I chased after it until someone finally picked it up where it had landed, right by their foot.

I was horrified when they started to open up the small piece of folded binder paper. My deepest secrets would be revealed, everyone would find out. I had a crush on the most popular guy in school, Ryan.

Who was opening the paper?

Jake Groom.

"Jake no!" I called out pleading with him. He slowly began the read the page from my diary. He turned up his head to look at me, and I hoped he would be caring enough to not say anything.

The corners of his lips turned up into an evil smirk, and he started yelling to everyone in the hallways, "Maya likes Ryan, Maya likes Ryan, Maya likes Ryan!" over and over again until I thought I was about to die from embarrassment and sadness.

"Jake please!" I screamed with tears in my eyes. "Please," I said again, but it was only a whisper.

Soon, Jake got everyone in the hallways pointing and laughing at me while repeating in unison, "Maya likes Ryan!"

My worst nightmare of a memory. Ryan was Jennifer's boyfriend.

I looked up with tears in my eyes to see Ryan standing in front of me with the folded piece of paper. He gave me a mournful look and turned to the crowd. "EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" he screamed. "Does this girl need to take this cruel behavior from all of you?" he shouted as I standed behind him for protection from the mean glares.

I clenched my eyes and tried to disappear.

"Piss off!" he screamed again.

Everyone soon mumbled over each other and walked off to the bus.

Ryan turned to look at me. "Ignore them, okay?"

I just simply nodded and clutched my books tighter to my chest. I couldn't make eye contact with him. I simply spun around and walked off in the other direction.

That's how Ryan and I first met.

A single tear rolled down my check as the memory ended.

"What do you think of that?" Jake asked. Apparently, I had just missed all of what he just said.

"Of what?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"You didn't hear a thing of what I just said?" he hissed.

"No," I said quietly.

There was I silence before I heard his footsteps approaching me.

"Were you crying?" he questioned with a slight bit of sympathy in his tone.

"I'm fine."

~A/N~

Well this part was depressing. A couple of you have been asking me to mention how Ryan and Maya met, so that is what I came up with :) Hope you like it.

Vote, Comment, and Fan if you are awesome. I tried to post sooner and longer than usual because I love you all :) You lucky little butts.