Bad Boy Love~ Part 31

Maya's P.O.V.

"Oh! Maya you can stay as long as you would like. Your family to us," Katie's dad smiles while wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Thank you," I smile graciously. "I won't stay for that long. After all, my 18th birthday is January 3rd."

"That's right! Christmas is right around the corner isn't it? Wow, how time flys!" Katie's mom exclaims while looking over to the calender marked on December 21.

"Yep. I am probably going to get an apartment a couple weeks after my birthday. I have done some searching," I smile while shoveling a piece of bacon into my mouth. My mom is rich, and I have a lot of money saved up in my bank account. I have been saving up since I can remember. Katie is already 18, so she really wants to split rent and be roomates. If you combine two richs kids together, you get a pretty awesome house.

"We are thinking of getting an apartment together," Katie chimes in. She has already discussed it with her parents and they agreed with her decision. They trust us, and they love me. My mom on the other hand got a bit upset and said I was too young. I'm going to be 18, I can do whatever I want. She can't force me to stay... Or can she? No, she can't. Unless she goes Silence of the Lambs style and shoves me into a ditch.

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin, or it gets the hose again." I say in my head. I watch to many horror movies.

Wow. My mind sure is wandering.

"You're right," Katies mom says with a sad smile. She is happy for her daughter, but she doesn't want her to leave.

"Oh Mom," Kat says while giving her mom a hug. "I will be fine. So will you."

"I know, I am just sad to see my little girl all grown up!" she says while wiping at her vaguely red eyes.

Jake's P.O.V.

What? How could she leave? She wouldn't do that. Would she?

I rush back downstairs to see my mom with Maya's keys in hand and a small paper.

She indeed left.

I snatch the paper from my mother's hand and read it.

Dear Carrie,

       I am truely sorry for everything that happened with Sam. I can tell that I  am being more of a frustration than a joy to have. I can tell that you care for me, but I don't think I can take the pain of living here anymore. I am not leaving because of you; I am leaving because Jake and I have issues, and I have been causing a lot of problems lately. Again, I am very sorry. Kiss Sam on the head for me and tell her I am sorry. I will call to check up on you guys soon. Don't worry about me, I will live with Katie for a while before I can get back on my feet and figure out a plan.
                       Love always,
                                           Maya.

She left because of me?

I see her phone number jotted onto the bottom of the paper and put it into my phone.

"We have to call her," the worry is clear behind my voice. Great, now I sound like a stalker-ish little bitch.

My mom raises a perfectly plucked eyebrow, "I thought you hated her? Why are you so worried?" she smirks while crossing her arms.

"I-i-i," I struggle to find words. "I am not worried," I shrug and try to sound as calm as possible. "She just left... Um, she left this!" I say while digging the first item out of my pocket without thinking.