Chapter 2- Solutions??

Keyanna POV

A few minutes after King left, Kimberly told me she was hungry. I walked into our small kitchen to make her a bowl of cereal. I pulled down the box and saw that it was empty. I didn't want to spend the little money I had because I might have to give it to King later on. I decided to go to Mrs. Roberts house because sometimes she would cook us breakfast if she knew our mom had left us with no food.

"Kim we have to go to Mrs. Roberts house for a little bit," I said as I walked back into the living room.

"Okay," Kimberly said as she went to put her shoes on. I put on my flip flops and waited for Kimberly by the door. She came out and we walked out. I locked the door and grabbed her hand as we slowly made our way to Mrs. Roberts.

"What was King doing in yo' mama's house?" Ace asked when we were half way there. Ace was the drug dealer of the building. My mom bought from him on a regular basis. She only bought drugs from someone else when Ace was laying low, trying to duck these cops. I had known him since we moved in the building so I wasn't scared of him. He wasn't a very friendly person, but he didn't go around shooting everyone who looked at him wrong.

"Nothing that concerned you," I said as I tried to walk around him with Kimberly.

"If that nigga pushin' on my block then it concerns me," he said blocking my path.

"He didn't sell anything, my mom is not even at home," I said, becoming annoyed.

"Yeah and it better stay thag way. Let me find out he sellin' to Kenya, I swear they both goin' down," he said and finally moved out of our way.

When we finally reached Mrs. Roberts apartment I knocked and patiently waited for her to open the door. A few seconds later the door opened.

"Good morning girls," Mrs. Roberts said as she opened the door to let us in.

"Good morning," I said while walking to sit at her small kitchen table.

"Is your momma gone again," Mrs. Roberts asked me.

"Yes ma'am," I replied.

Mrs. Roberts walked over and began to take out ingrediants to make breakfast for us. "Your mom is always working so hard, bless her soul," she said as she started making breakfast.

Mrs. Roberts knew that our mom was always leaving us at home but she didn't know the whole story. She assumed that my mom was always working at a job that, like many others these days, didn't pay much. I had never told her the truth for many reasons. It was not only embarrassing, but I was also scared that if I told her, she would tell CPS. We had no other relatives in NOLA, and I couldn't take a chance of me and Kimberly getting split up. She is all I have left, and im all she has. I cant see myself living without her. I didnt know how to respond, so I just stayed quiet.

An hour later we had eaten and were on our way back to the apartment. I thanked Mrs. Roberts and slowly walked out her door. I looked around, and was relieved to see that it was empty. I didnt want to run into Ace again.

Once we entered our apartment, I began to think about King. There was no way I could get all that money before he came back. My mom had put us in a real dangerous situation. I wonder where she is right now. Even though she would probably be high, I would still feel safer if she was here. I hope that this will be a wake up call for her. She should get help, and if she wont do it for me, she should do it for Kimberly. She deserves better than this. I can only hope and pray for the best when King comes back tonight.

August POV

We were all sitting in the trap, worried about what was going to happen. Denzel was doing what he always does when he's nervous or stressed out, smoking. Rodney was pacing back and forth and I was singing quietly to myself. I always sang to calm me down. Music was my way to escape from the realities of this cold, hard world. Nobody outside my family, other than Denzel and Rodney, had heard me sing. They say I sound good, but I just do it for fun.

About 15 minutes later, Mel walked in and sat down across from me. Rodney stopped pacing and sat down as well.

"Tell me everything that happened," Mel said, looking directly at Rodney.

"I was driving around downtown when I saw Marcus at a gas station. I went over to see if he had sold everything on him yet. He told me that he had, but the last buyer was acting kinda strange. I asked him if anything went down and he said no, but he thought the buyer was following him. I didnt want anything to pop off between them so I told him to switch cars. He would come straight here and I would drive around to see if I was being followed. I didnt want him to lead someone straight to the trap. Well after 20 minutes I was sure that nobody was following me so I was heading here. When I was almost here, I got a call telling me that they saw my car pulled over. I forgot that I was ridin' dirty. I dont know why they pulled him over in the first place. Im really sorry Melvin," Rodney said apologetically. I could tell he was serious because he called Mel by his full name. We only called him that when we were serious about something.

"Was there any money in the car?" Mel asked after letting everything sink in.

"No, I never leave money in the car, it's always on me," Rodney said quickly. 

Mel sighed, then stood up. He grabbed one of Denzel's swishas and began to walk around the room. I could tell he was mad, but he was more mad at the situation then he was at Rodney. It was a simple mistake, but it could have devastating effects.

"We need to go see what all we can find out. Im gonna get another youngin' to go to the jail and see what he can find out. I need you and Denzel to handle something for me, while I go with Rodney to see what the streets are sayin'," Mel said to me.

"What you need us to do?" I asked Mel.

"I still need to get money from a few people who owe me. I will text you a list, but we need to leave mow, we dont have time to waste," Mel said as he walked out the door with Rodney.

"I hope that lil nigga aint a snitch," Denzel said as he put out his last swisha.

"Mel would kill him if he said anything. I think he knows better," I replied. I sat back and waited for Mel to send the list.

About 5 minutes later he sent me a list with 5 places on it. I got up and told Denzel it was time to roll out. We left and headed to the first place on our list.

**************************************** Heres chapter 2!!! This was a boring chapter but it all leads up to something BIG.... It gets better, I promise. There will be mistakes so please ignore them. I really need to know what everyone thinks so please VOTE & COMMENT!!