Chapter 13- Mel?!?!?!

This chapter is dedicated to @kiddArie @dee_dee_mbLover & @Bossette95 . They all guessed who the unknown was!!!

******************************************

Keyanna's POV

"Can you tell me where Kimberly McKnight is?" I heard August ask the lady at the front desk. As soon as Mel called and told us to meet him, we rushed up here. I had been crying ever since that call. I was so worried about Kimberly. Mel didn't say why he brought her here, and I had a million different reasons running through my head.

"She's getting some scans done in the back," the lady responded after she typed something in the computer.

"Can I go see her? " I asked the lady.

"No, I'm sorry ma'am.  You'll have to wait in the waiting room until the doctor comes out," the woman answered. She obviously didn't like this job, because she seemed annoyed.

"I'm her sister, and she's only 4. She shouldn't be by herself," I said, also  becoming annoyed at the fact that she was keeping me from seeing Kimberly.

"Look lady, I already told you that you can't go back there. Do me and you both a favor, and go sit and wait," she answered with an attitude.

I was about to tell her about herself, but August put an arm around my waist and led me away. She is lucky we're at a children's hospital, becasue I was about to go off on her. I don't play when it comes to my sister.We walked in to the waiting room and sat in the corner. I didn't even try to stop the tears from falling.

"Keyanna stop crying. I'm sure she's going to be okay," August said trying his best to calm me down. I didn't repsond, I simply leaned on his shoulder and continued to silently cry.

A few minutes later Mel came from around a corner. He was on the phone but quickly hung up when he saw us. He walked over and took a seat on the other side of me.

"What happened to her? Why is she here?" I asked. I knew Mel would never hurt her, so I wasn't worried about that, but I needed to know why he brought her here.

"She started staring into space like earlier and at first I thought she was just going to snap out of it. Then, a few minutes later she started shaking and I got worried. They told me to bring her here to make sure she was okay," he said.

Wheb he said that, I felt somewhat guilty. What if she had been sick all morning snd I made it worse by not bringing her here sooner? If something happened to her, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Then I began to wonder if Huey had something to do with this. He might have poisoned her or something while I was sleep. That thought made me both scared and angry at the same time. Denzel and August had let it be known that they would kill over us. I wouldn't even get the chance to confront him because they would beat me to it.

"Nobody came with you?" I asked, referring to Denzel, Kiara, and Marcus. I had just noticed that none of them were here.

"No, they don't even know I'm here," Mel answered.

"Didnt you just say that they told you to come here?" August asked in a confused tone.

"Um...I..uhh...I called them to ask what I should do, but then I told them that I was going to ask you," Mel said slowly. He acted as if he was lying. That made me a little suspicious. What did he have to lie about?

I was about to ask him, but a doctor walked out. I heard her ask for the family of Kimberly McKnight and I rushed over to her. Mel and August were standing on each side of me.

"Is she okay?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Hi, i'm Dr.Brown,  the tests we ran showed that Kimberly has been having seizures. We're going to have to admit her to the hospital," the doctor said while looking at the chart she had in her hands.