Chapter 14- "I See Dead People"

Just a filler chapter, it answers a few questions.... in the next update there will be a time jump and A LOT of drama!!!

******************************************

Keyanna's POV

"That was so messed up. Why'd they have to kill him?" I heard Denzel ask no one in particular.

"Yeah, they could have let him live. Nobody else had to die, so why him?" August said, agreeing with Denzel.

I waited a few moments before I said," I don't know, but at least now he can be with Evangeline,".

"That's still not right. I almost cried real nigga tears for my nigga Ray," Denzel responded before getting up to turn off the movie. Kimberly had just made Denzel and August watch The Princess and The Frog with her. They were both mad that Ray had to be the character to die.

It has been 3 days since Mel brought Kimberly to the hospital, and today she was supposed to be released. She only had seizures the first day, but the doctors wanted to keep her there for observations. I was relieved when they told me that she wasn't epileptic. They didn't know the exact cause of the seizure, and they probably never would. I was happy that she was getting out the hospital, but I was dreading going home. I hadn't left the hospital at all, so Huey didn't know where we were. I know for a fact, that whenever we get home he's going to be furious. I'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there.

August, Denzel, Marcus, and Kiara had all been at the hospital a lot. I could honestly say that they were my family. They were there through the good times and the bad, even Kiara. She's a really nice person, and she's fun to be around. I still haven't figured out why Marcus doesn't like her, but it must not be too important. Mel is a completely different story. He had only been to the hospital once. He acted as if he were trying to avoid us.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the hospital door opened. I expected to see a doctor, but was shocked when I saw Mel. He walked in and we all just looked at him for a moment. He was hiding something,  but none of us knew what. He spoke to everyone, and came to give me a hug. He slowly moved over to the bed by Kimberly.  He leaned down and kissed her forehead, then whispered something in her ear. In response, she held up her little pinky. Mel took her small finger in his much larger one, and they made a pinky promise. I was about to ask what that was about, but the hospital door opened once again. This time it was the doctor and one of the nurses on this floor.

"Well, I'm happy to say that little Kimberly can go home today! The nurse is going to help you make a follow up appointment, and then give you the discharge papers," Dr. Brown said, and with that she was out the door. Ever since Denzel shot her down, she never stays in the room more than 5 minutes.

*****************

After the nurse gave us the discharge paper, we quickly left the hospital. It only took us about 15 minutes to get to my house. Denzel and Kiara had rode with August, Kimberly, and I. I'm assuming Marcus went home, and only God knows where Mel went. I want to talk to him, just to make sure he's okay. He hasn't been his normal self these past few weeks.

I got out and August walked me and Kimberly inside. I stopped in front of the door and looked up at August.

"You know you don't have to stay here. You can come home with me, you know Mel won't mind," August said, still trying to get me move in with him and Mel.

"August, it's not that easy. He's not going to just let me leave," I responded. I had thought about it, but I figured that it may be more trouble than it's worth.

He sighed and ran his hand across his face. "I just want to make sure y'all are safe," he said slowly. He kissed Kimberly's forehead and then gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Call me if you need anything," he said while he walked off.