Chapter 22- Praying for the Best

Sorry for the long wait. I'm out of school now so I should be able to update more!! Special thanks to @BatWoman575, she's the reason I updated tonight. I want to thank y'all for all the votes, reads, and comments. I appreciate every single one of them♥. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

******************************************

*Keyanna*

After countless tears and 45 minutes of deliberation I decided that, I couldn't choose. I know that Kimberly is my blood sister, but Denzel is just as close to me. I would never do anything to harm my sister, but I would do anything to save Denzel. That's my dilemma, my thoughts keep contradicting themselves. One minute I think I should go through with it, but the next I'm completely against the idea.

The doctor told us that we could go back to where he was in the ICU. We could only go back in sets of 2. Kiara wanted to go by herself so she went first. Marcus and Mel went to see him next. They had just come back and now it was time for August and I to go back there. I was hesitant at first, but maybe it would help make my choice easier. I slowly got up and followed August down the hall.

As we were walking I heard a doctor telling a mother that her son didn't make it. That broke my heart because I know what that family feels like. The lady fell to the ground crying and the people around her seemed to be frozen in shock. I wanted to go over and offer the family some words of comfort because i've been through the same thing they're about to experience. I was just about to walk over there when I felt August grab my hand and gently pull me down the hall. We continued walking until we made it to the room he was in. We both froze at the foor, preparing ourselves to go in and see him.

August slowly opened the door, but I was still stuck in my spot. I couldn't make myself move. I didn't want to go and see him with all the wires and machines hooked up to him. I knew it would break me to see Denzel in that hospital bed. August turned around and looked at me when I let go of his hand.

"I can't do it," I said looking up at him and shaking my head. I could feel the tears threatening to fall, but I held them back. Crying wouldn't get me anywhere right now.

"Keyanna I think you should go see him. If something happens to him, and you don't see him now while he's still alive, you're gonna regret it later. I'll be with you every step of the way," he said reassuringly. I looked down at the floor, still unsure of what to do.

I finally decided to go in. He didn't look as bad as I thought he would. I pictured him with tubes running all out of his body and machines evrywhere you looked. In reality, there was only 2 machiens he was connected to. I walked over to the side of his bed and looked down at him. The blankets on him covered up his wound. It looked like he was just sleeping. August came and stood beside me.

"Denzel, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault," I said slowly. I couldn't shake the feeling that this was all happening because of me. I shouldve made up some excuse when August asked me about the bruises.

"Keyanna, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. If anybody should be blamed it should be me. I should have shot Huey the first chance I got. All of this could've been prevented," August said, sounding lost in his own thoughts. This has to be tearing him up on the inside. August and Denzel are close. They might as well be blood brothers. You can't get one without the other, they're a package deal.

"What should I do?" I asked August. I want someone to make this choice for me. There's no way I can decide something like this. I would always have to live questioning, "what if".

"I can't make that choice for you. You have to do what you think is best," August answered. That didn't help at all. I needed someone to tell me what I should do.